Thread: White specks in stool

White specks in stool

Hi All,
    I'm a 36 year old female.
    I've been having white specks in my stool for a while now. I've got worried on and off over the past few months about it. When it gets bad is when my anxiety about it increases. At the moment it's quite bad. I have gone so far as to put gloves on and look through the stool. The specks appear to be almost chalk-like in texture. Sometimes when my diet is bad, I have had times where there's been mucous, but this does not appear to look like mucous.
    Anyone out there know what this could be? I really don't want to google, as I am a recovering HA sufferer.
    TIA

Re: White specks in stool

I don't think you have recovered from HA if you are examining your poo. I would see a physician about getting treatment for your anxiety.

I know what you are saying. But I've had this symptom for months now, it doesn't seem healthy to me. I wanted to examine it to see if it was parasites initially, but i don't think it is. I definitely became more concerned when i realised it was a chalk-like substance. I'm worried it could be my liver or gallbladder. I actually have been in HA recovery for a couple of years now generally.

Sounds like IBS which is very common with folk with anxiety. Especially since you say it gets bad when your anxiety increases. Could be undigested food matter. I have IBS and it can cause a whole host of odd things

Why not go to a doctor and find out what it is instead of worrying about it? Maybe lizard is right about the IBS?

This happen to me a few years ago

Happy to report, that it was undigested almonds. I've been eating them for calcium since I gave up dairy. Stopped eating them for about 3 weeks. After a couple of weeks the white specks were gone.

Good stop examining your poo now

Thread Information