Thread: Bleeding between periods for 3 months now

Bleeding between periods for 3 months now

Hello everyone,

I just have a really big concern with my period. Since January it's been off from what I thought was because of stress. Also I'm not on birth control.

I'm January I struggled a lot with my anxiety and depression, probably the worst I've ever experienced. My period was late that month, then when it came it lasted for a month and 7 days, it would mostly be light bleeding, but during that time I had a week of heavy bleeding and clotting.

I went to my family doctor and she thought it could be PCOS. She made me to a transvaginal ultrasound and I had to do some blood work to check my thyroid and hormones, as well as other things. Everything came back normal. No cysts nothing. But I did my ultrasound after the bleeding had almost completely stopped so maybe if I had a cyst it went away?

Anyways, the bleeding stopped for about 3 weeks, I wasn't under any stress. Then the same type of anxiety and depression came up again and the day after I was under emotional distress, the bleeding started up again. It always starts slow. For most of march and all of April I bled every day but only enough to fill one liner a day. No cramping at all.

Then in May it has continued. But on Monday or Tuesday of last week the bleeding started to become a little bit more heavier. Like a normal period. Thursday I ha a bit of cramping and in the morning I saw a huge blood clot, then one more during the day and then the bleeding slowed down.

Yesterday I barely bled, then at night once again another huge blood clot. And today, I just went to the washroom and I see another large blood clot with heavier bleeding. However, the last time I changed my pad was at around 10am and it's now 2pm. So it's moderate but not overly heavy bleeding.

I'm so worried. My doctor told me if it were to happen again id have to go to a gynocogist cause there's still a possibility of PCOS without cysts. Ahh, I thought it would go away once the emotional distress went away. But this time it has lasted longer than the last.

Any thoughts or anyone with the same experience?

Re: Bleeding between periods for 3 months now

I would say it's better to go back to your doctor, seeing a gynaecologis isn't the end of the world...women and period problems/hormone problems go hand in hand through most of our lives. We can only share our own experiences...fibroids, pcos etc, but we can't diagnose or guess at what the reasons are for your period problems, only a doctor can.

Hope you get it sorted out.
    ISB ☺ x

Yes, I agree. Please head back to the gyno. It probably is nothing, and you just might have to go on birth control for awhile to even things out. But you won't have peace of mind until you check.

Well, for one thing your stress and anxiety can really mess with your periods. Worry will not help it. I would see the gyn and see what the next steps are.

I had this too in 2010, it's just PCOS and should go away on its own even. But do seek our another dr just to make sure

Hello ladies, I know this is late but thank you for all your responses.

The bleeding is still going on and gets worse as soon as I become overwhelmed or stressed out. It was almost gone there for about 5 days and then it started up again. I have a Pap smear appointment in July. But I'm pretty sure it's stress related. I just never heard of stress causing bleeding, it's always that it stops it and makes your period late.

When I'm stressed I feel this pressure right in the centre of my lower stomach. Almost like I have to stop myself from putting pressure there. And I end up getting large clots. But every ultrasound transvaginal and regular comes out clear. I'm just mostly afraid of losing too much blood.

Thread Information