Thread: Fill in Journals

Fill in Journals

I just purchased a fill in journal on Amazon for myself - this one is called Start Where You Are. I feel like something very positive like this that you can scribble in (it also has beautiful and positive encouragement pages in there), can be a good thing to consume your mind and take up your free time vs feeling anxious or thinking to much in free time like I sometimes can. They have tons of these fill in journals and work books on Amazon. I'm giving them all a go. I've been reading a lot of self help books on Kindle and that has been making me feel much more positive and in control recently with both anxiety and some other life hurdles! Just thought I'd share this!

Re: Fill in Journals

I love journals and strongly believe in keeping one. I have an online one and a physical ones. I spill out every thought uncensored and its great because my voice gets heard and I can't be waiting around for someone else to listen to my woes and thoughts. Bottling it up is no good. I'm taking a look at those ones on amazon.

A friend gave me a book/journal to write in every day, 5 things I'm grateful for. It worked at first but then the anxiety came back and I through it out since I didn't think it would really work. I've was doing really good these last few weeks and for some reason this morning my thoughts are spinning and I'm just sitting here crying. What in the world is wrong with me? I tried medication and it turned me into a zombie, and I see a therapist every other week. I don't have the money to buy a journal, maybe I can make my own up?

Maybe because you stopped it? Yes you can use a cheap notepad from a £1 shop or US equivalent.

This might sound silly but I feel that thinking positively sets me up for a bigger disappointment. It's better to just expect the worse and not get my hopes up.

Oh no its unnatural to force yourself to think positively. Sometimes its realistic to expect the worst. There's always going to be negativity in life so there's no harm in looking to the positive. A good balance is needed of the positive and negatives.

I always fancied writing a daily online blog of how I was feeling just to get it down somewhere and out of my system

I would recommend a daily gratitude journal. The one I am using is a 5 Minute Journal by Giraffe Journals.

Appreciation of the little things in life is essential and this does help. The daily inspirational quotes are good too.

Thread Information