Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couldnt breath in

couldnt breath in

Just been to my local somersfield shop and it was really busy so I joined a que with 3 people in it, i felt very fidgety and anxious when people started joining the que behind me, when it came my turn to be served I felt like I couldnt breath in, I tried but the air wouldnt go down, it was like my airway was blocked and the more I tried the more I panicked.
    I thought I was making good recovery but the pancis appear to be back

Does anyonw know of any good tips for this problem please ?

Re: couldnt breath in

Quote Originally Posted by mirry View Post
    Just been to my local somersfield shop and it was really busy so I joined a que with 3 people in it, i felt very fidgety and anxious when people started joining the que behind me, when it came my turn to be served I felt like I couldnt breath in, I tried but the air wouldnt go down, it was like my airway was blocked and the more I tried the more I panicked.
    I thought I was making good recovery but the pancis appear to be back

Does anyonw know of any good tips for this problem please ?
    Oh this has happened to me loads Mirry and it's horrid isn't it - rest assured hun the best thing to do is not try too hard, before you know it it will correct itself.

That's that daft thing with breathing isn't it - you want to make sure you're not chest breathing but as soon as you focus on it you make it go haywire.

Well done for managing mate

Piglet

oh Piglet I feel like I escaped with my life....
    I went so hot and dizzy all at the same time and Im sure I must of looked like some druggy cos I was shaking too!

I also find I feel angry when queing, peopel annoy me cos they move too slow........mmmmmmm maybe I need patience?

Hey - Mirry dont worry - I was like that today in the Co-op - little shop but no air con and I felt hot, dizzy and breahtless and panicky and then tearful. I always get panicky when I cant breathe - silly I know - but my panic attacks are triggered b hot stuffy shops when I have to stand in the queue!! Wenjoyx

Hiya

Been there too and it is horrible, I actually think it is the worst of the PA sensations although that could cause quite a debate!!

The problem is that your body then goes on red alert and focuses on the breathing and your brain tries to convince itself there is something wrong when at the end of the day breathing is an automatic action.

When it happens to me I try to reassure myself that when I am asleep my my breathing happens automatically without me realising it and trying to force it.

Hope this helps and take care.

Exclamation Re: couldnt breath in

Happens to me all the time, i now put a blob of scented oil on my wrist and when i struggle to breathe in i sniff it, so then i can say to myself, you smelt that so air is getting in, now calm down dingbat! It sounds silly but it works for me, the other thing is to force a yawn, lean right back and stretch, you get funny looks but not as bad as when you pass out from fear!!(done that too!) Emma.

mmm thanks for the tips ! I will try them out today.....yes I am going straight into the lions den again,,, I have been fighting this for 6 years now.

It is my worst nightmare having to stand in queues, and I'm afraid I've often just dumped my stuff and left, so I know where you're coming from. I'm off now to the shops, and I just hope I can cope.
    Chin up, we're all in the same boat.

I go shopping but if I go in a stuffy hot shop with no air and theres a queue I just walk round and round until queue has gone - silly I know but I hate heat and stuffy rooms and standing still feeling woozy" Wenjoy x

Im panicking all over the place at the moment ! on the way to the school this morning, at work............it really is hard and makes me tierd.

Anyway I got some lavender spray today to spray on my hands, so will see how it goes and also I popped into my old CBT and he told me that this relap is very normal and to just keep reading my CBT books and applying the tools.

mmmmmmmm he made it sound easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information