Thread: Nearly off my trazadone

Nearly off my trazadone

At first was on 250ml of trazadone for months for depression/anxiety dont feel it helped at all for that but def did work for my insomnia isues.gradualy got down to 150 then 100 over a period of months.my doc wants to try me on mitazipine for my moods anxiety and told me i need to come off traz all together first..his way was over a two week period.i tried that and suffered badly so i went back on the amount of 100ml and over a 3 month period slowly now got down to 20ml my advice not his.my sleep has been worse since getting down this low.trouble falling to sleep and staying asleep,but although im waking a few times through the night i dont actualy feel amazingly tired for it so can only asume my body only needs light broken sleep.so now on 20ml i asume this level wont realy be helping anything so in two weeks i plan to goto 10ml every other night for a week then stop without my body reacting to the complete stoping of this meds.im unsure about going on the mitazipine,he told me it helps with sleep and will help with my mood.iv read that this med makes you more hungry and weight gain is to be expectef,which i dont want,so now not sure if i should take a new med or just give my body time to adjust to not being on meds and see how i feel...any advice.cheers

Re: Nearly off my trazadone

Awesome! I haven't taken trazodone but my dog did and I really didn't like it. It didn't help at all and just made him very groggy.

I had issues with the sleep thing too when I cut out clonazepam. It wasn't fun, but it did get better.

I'd try out the mitazipine and see how it goes. If you don't like the side effects you can always change, but then the side effects don't happen to everyone so you may be spared too.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Am not sure why you are reducing dose?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1970 View Post
    Am not sure why you are reducing dose?
    As i said.iv been on it for a few years and never helped with my mental health so was pointless being on it any longer.it made me feel foggy head and sleep to many hrs,leaving me feeling crap all day plus its liquid form and have been advised to come off it for these reasons and to try something new that might actualy work for me.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Awesome! I haven't taken trazodone but my dog did and I really didn't like it. It didn't help at all and just made him very groggy.

I had issues with the sleep thing too when I cut out clonazepam. It wasn't fun, but it did get better.

I'd try out the mitazipine and see how it goes. If you don't like the side effects you can always change, but then the side effects don't happen to everyone so you may be spared too.
    Lol.never knew it was for dogs..yea im going to come right off it and see how im feeling in myself before starting yet another medication.esp as mitazipine side effects is weight gain which in itself will make me depressed esp as it took me a long time to get down to a weight im now happy with..

Quote Originally Posted by gregcool View Post

Lol.never knew it was for dogs..yea im going to come right off it and see how im feeling in myself before starting yet another medication.esp as mitazipine side effects is weight gain which in itself will make me depressed esp as it took me a long time to get down to a weight im now happy with..
    Oh yeah, my dog was previously on prozac and trazodone, now is on paxil and clonidine. He's a bit of a basket case, though I gotta love him!

Weight gain is a massive fear of mine too. It might be good to get back down to a baseline before trying something new. I think when you take multiple meds it can be hard to tell where one leaves off and another begins.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

It's probably not doing anything at doses like this, Greg. But sometimes coming off the final small dose can mean a hit from side effects so just see how things go.

Getting your meds this low though, you're going without therapeutic benefits from the Traz. So, you're concerns about being medicated for no reason and making you worse seems to have been a good call mate.

Thread Information