Thread: Tory General Election manifesto: Pledge to scrap The Mental Health Act

Tory General Election manifesto: Pledge to scrap The Mental Health Act

An interesting development in the upcoming General Election for us on here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ealth-10371297

I would welcome more legislation to protect us and especially more in schools as (bizarrely) children are given less support than adults often are.

I'm not sure about nurses in the workplace though. I've got experience of this from my last workplace and management can simply ignore their advice as it's just not binding. Money will always win out in business, complex conditions are something employers try to avoid like the plague as they want things to be smooth.

Adding mental health nurses, I suspect, won't happen and current general ex nurses in occupational health teams will get more training. My nurse said his consisted of a one day course and his knowledge was very poor, not on a par with you guys on here by a long way.

Some police forces have been trialling sending out a psychiatric nurse with the police to possible mental health cases. This is a much better policy. And getting them straight to a medical holding facility should be the norm, why put them in police stations (possibly in cells) with untrained police officers? The police must be happy with this as it frees them up but also that they just aren't trained to handle this.

As far as the nurses go, that won't help many of us but maybe when you get to CMHT levels & above it means more available support.

EDIT: Corrected the link. I went with The Mirror as they are a Labour supporting media outlet so it may raise flaws rather than promote the pledge. It will be one to check across various though to get balance.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 10-05-17 at 13:16.

Re: Tory General Election manifesto: Pledge to scrap The Mental Health Act

It's a great step in the right direction and long overdue. Now she just needs to shake up the mental health assessment system that's in place at the moment, because it's really stressful for people who can't work due to mental health issues.

ISB ☺

Thread Information