Thread: What do you do?

Lightbulb What do you do?

I'm completely agoraphobic, haven't been out in a long time (years) and sometimes I am even bedroom bound (for months at a time :/ it can get pretty disgusting in there) but what I'd really like to know is how people like me fill their days. What do you do? What can I do? I'm just finding myself increasingly depressed and energy less so I spend all day just watching the same old stuff from my bed and eating pot noodles (I put my kettle in my bedroom)
    Thanks

Re: What do you do?

Hi I'm agoraphobic too. I am just breaking out by going out everyday like my CBT therapy suggested. I can only just about do 4 out of 7 days. Just don't see the point in going out though. I'll probably relapse again :(

Its hurts me to hear you and others talking this way. I spent my 20s indoors. It's a shame because we're good enough people. There's all kinds of sick types out there. Why should we be hidden? What was our crime?

I clean and tidy the house. Do cooking when I feel up to it. That's all the activity really. I'm in bed a lot, looking online at things to buy for the house or listening to YouTube. I'm much like a housewife but without the kids and husband! That would be way too stressful for me.

I'm trying to sort my diet out and get some light exercise into my routine. I'm not fat but a bit out of shape from lying in bed 70% of the day.

Do you live alone? Do you manage your own finances, food etc.?

Not easy I know, but perhaps try to avoid being in the bedroom other than to sleep. Try not to use it as a hideaway.
    It's a little step but spend your day in your main room/living room. Try and think what hobbies you can do, google indoors hobbies and see if anything takes your fancy. The great thing about the internet is that you can get things delivered that may be impossible to buy on foot or by car.
    I've found the more you can take your mind of the problem the better it is.
    Loose yourself in something relaxing, let the anxiety bugger off and find something else to do.
    Not always easy I know.
    Good Luck

Hi Gee I thought I was in a mess, but heck you are in a bad way How you have coped I will never know, I don't have the condition, but can fully understand your plight And Iam very lonely my self too. Can I ask what's brought this lifestyle on for you? Was you bullied at school? Or some other traumatic experience? Have you had a diagnosis from your Gp and are you on any meds/therapy surely you cant continue like you are doing! Hope you start to get out of this black hole soon Cheers

I can't relate, although I came close to isolating myself which is never good. So you see a therapist for help? With access to the internet there is a wealth of information on here. You really need to get out of the bedroom. Do you live alone? I would hate to think that you sit on a bed eating noodles all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    I can't relate, although I came close to isolating myself which is never good. So you see a therapist for help? With access to the internet there is a wealth of information on here. You really need to get out of the bedroom. Do you live alone? I would hate to think that you sit on a bed eating noodles all of the time.
    I will add I used to be in bed most of the day many years back, but eventually I knew my life was wasteing away which I could never get back that's over 25 years ago now and will never ever return back to that state Cheers

Thread Information