Thread: need to work

need to work

hi , my husband has just informed me that his hours at work are being cut, as the only one working this is obviously a major concern. I have always felt bad about not working, but we have always managed, this however is about to change and i really feel a need to work now to help pay the bills. The thing is i just do not know where to start it has been such a long time, and i just know i will panic when faced with interviews. Another problem is my fear of driving means i need to find something local, which is obviously going to limit my options. I think it would do me good to get out of the house but am so worried about it and feel under so much pressure that my head feels like it will explode !!! Helen

Re: need to work

Hi Helen, I'd recommend your best bet would be to go to your local Jobcentre Plus and ask to have an appointment with an employment adviser. If you explain everything to them, they should be able to help guide you through the process, including tips for staying calm during interviews. Depending on your circumstances (i.e. how long you've been off work, whether you've been claiming any benefits in that time) you might even be entitled to go on a short course to help with applying for jobs and interview skills, or financial help for things like travel expenses to interviews and new clothes if you get a job. It depends on the individual adviser and the area you live in, but really a lot of the Jobcentre Plus services are pretty good. Good luck, hope you find something you'll enjoy doing!

Thread Information