Thread: Motion sickness?

Motion sickness?

Earlier today I went in the car (back seat, grandparents driving) for around an hour. on the way my stomach felt a little weird, but nothing too serious. I'm the way back however, my stomach felt 'odd' and my head was hurting. I was nauseus aswell. I've never been car sick before or been prone to motion sickness (boats, trains aeroplanes & no sickness) so I was wondering if I could have suddenly become car sick? Or whether it was just my anxiety going into overdrive as I'm emetophobic and sometimes worry about motion sickness. As soon as i got inside i started shaking like a leaf. My head is still hurting (just took some pain releif which will hopefully work). I'm very anxious that I will be ill or vomit the to my syptoms earlier, either tonight or when I wake up. Sorry for the long post, I'm quite anxious about it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Also, my grandparents car is also extrememly hot which may cause my anxiety to rise.

Re: Motion sickness?

Motion sickness can happen to anyone at any time, I used to have it as a child as now it has returned.
    anxiety can play a huge part in it alongside heat, I find I get really sick if its particularly hot, have you tried travel sickness tablets? x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Epona View Post
    Motion sickness can happen to anyone at any time, I used to have it as a child as now it has returned.
    anxiety can play a huge part in it alongside heat, I find I get really sick if its particularly hot, have you tried travel sickness tablets? x

All the best
    I haven't tried any yet, but ill have to get some if I keep getting nausea. Thanks x

Motion sickness sucks. I have a child who has it. I have to make sure she's not on a tablet or reading or anything while we are driving. One time I had to pull over so she could get sick out of the car. It was miserable. Definitely look at motion sickness tablets. Also sometimes even just sucking on a hard sweet can help

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredLizard View Post
    Motion sickness sucks. I have a child who has it. I have to make sure she's not on a tablet or reading or anything while we are driving. One time I had to pull over so she could get sick out of the car. It was miserable. Definitely look at motion sickness tablets. Also sometimes even just sucking on a hard sweet can help
    Okay thanks!

Thread Information