Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JSA after leaving job

Re: JSA after leaving job

i thought about this but my dr thinks that it is the job that is the problem and that if i leave i would likely get much better and i would feel bad being on esa if that was the case. i would consider it if i left this job and the anxiety did not get better or got worse and i felt i would have problems going back to work anywhere

well i got an earlier appointment from the doctor as he had a cancelation. got more sick leave under the advice to quit, he said he could provide evidence to the job centre but it would be a £50 charge so to just use my pay slips as evidence for now. so i went in to work today and handed in my resignation and fit note to cover the period. i am happy to say i feel a little better already witch is good as when i saw the doctor and explained how i was feeling he was concerned i was starting to suffer depression as well. i will let you know how it goes with jsa if i need it

just an update for anyone who reads this story in future and wants to know the ending, just after i resigned from work i had a successful interview for another job. it is only 15 hours a week so it is not the best for my household income however it is 5 hr shifts 3 days a week so it eased my anxiety greatly not having to do too much. i still have a bit of residual anxiety usually when i wake up on a work day i panic about having to go but once i am in my uniform and on my way there it fades. everyone i work with is so nice too, even my superiors so as soon as i get there and everyone says hi and we start chatting i quickly feel at home. my only problem now is my lack of funds but i am hoping to get more hours at my current job or if not i will be able to take my time looking for other jobs i know i can handle. either way although i am under a bit of stress from my lowered income i am much happier as a person and my family life is much better, i hope anyone who finds themselves in the position i was in at the start of my story can get some joy out of knowing it can get better. thank you to everyone who commented on this thread. you helped me lots by being a voice i could talk to when i felt like so many others didn't or couldn't understand

Hi Jasmine, thanks for the update and i'm glad you got it all sorted in the best way for your health....a positive outcome. So glad you have a job that makes you happy, despite less hours than you'd like. Happiness is what counts really In the big picture

Best wishes
    Cath S (aka ISB) xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information