Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pic Test

Pic Test

Hi Iam trying this as a test but if there is a easier way rather than typing out the long URL in a post please let me know Thanks www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachementid=3033&id=1494675214

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Even the darn link doesn't work it would be nice if the process could be made easier though. I I uploaded it easy to my gallery but from there it becomes quite frustraiting to say the least.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 13-05-17 at 13:08.

Re: Pic Test

Hmm Ok well that way worked and seen a few attached that way in other members posts, that was quite easy once the post was posted then click Edit Post and using the paper clip icon in Advanced, then save changes But how do you get a pic displayed in a post when you view the post think I will get the hang of it though Cheers

You're nearly there. Now copy the pic Web address, click Insert Image and paste It in.

Then you get:

Ok Can you say step by step how I get there? For Eg: lets say the image is one of the tabs on the address bar and the address is in the address field what do I do from there and the post I am inserting it does it have to be already posted first then edit post BTW this wont be from the gallery on NMP as the images aren't displayed like my first successful image which has to be clicked on to show the image. Copy and paste instructions will be required. I have pics of my dog I want to share with the forum. They aren't on my SD card as yet but on my phone so that's another hurdle to get over it's a Samsung Galaxy S4 c mini Yes I will need to put the SD card back in my phone but not sure how to transfer some of the pics over from my phone back on to the SD card any one know?? Cheers

If you have a tab or window open with the image in:

1) highlight the address
    2) copy it (mouse or keyboard keys)
    3) go to the post you have already made & use Edit Or post a new message, it works for either
    4) click on Insert Image
    5) paste the Web address in to the box that pops up. On a phone you might get the box turning full size on your screen when you click but still do the paste. Remember to blank out anything that is there first as it always brings up a HTTP command.
    6) click off it. It leaves the pasted Web address highlighted and it's very easy to delete it without realising. So, click somewhere else on the post to deselect it
    7) finish the post by posting it or completing the edit.

The whole process works the same in PM too.

As for getting them between SD card and phone, your phone might have a copy setting for this. But what I do is plug my phone into a laptop. You usually need a program to access Samsung phones in Windows but Samsung Kies does this. One word of advice though, Kies is a very ropey program and it's hard using it to transfer. But as long as you've downloaded, installed and opened it once, you can use Windows with it's normal copy paste functions as now it can see the phone in My Computer. Without Kies, it can't pick it up. Stupid I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If you have a tab or window open with the image in:

1) highlight the address
    2) copy it (mouse or keyboard keys)
    3) go to the post you have already made & use Edit Or post a new message, it works for either
    4) click on Insert Image
    5) paste the Web address in to the box that pops up. On a phone you might get the box turning full size on your screen when you click but still do the paste. Remember to blank out anything that is there first as it always brings up a HTTP command.
    6) click off it. It leaves the pasted Web address highlighted and it's very easy to delete it without realising. So, click somewhere else on the post to deselect it
    7) finish the post by posting it or completing the edit.

The whole process works the same in PM too.

As for getting them between SD card and phone, your phone might have a copy setting for this. But what I do is plug my phone into a laptop. You usually need a program to access Samsung phones in Windows but Samsung Kies does this. One word of advice though, Kies is a very ropey program and it's hard using it to transfer. But as long as you've downloaded, installed and opened it once, you can use Windows with it's normal copy paste functions as now it can see the phone in My Computer. Without Kies, it can't pick it up. Stupid I know.
    Thanks that a lot clearer question on no 2
    I have a tracker pad and a left key and right key so what happens in that case? and question 4. Click on Insert Image will this be a on screen prompt or use the insert button on the keyboard next to F12? I will check my phone settings and wont be using that Kies programme that does sound a bit of hand full lol Plus there is only one mini usb skt till I can get multi skt adaptor for my pc stick Yes think I will get there in the end though Eventually Cheers

For 2) you can left click on the Web address to highlight it, then right click and select copy. Or highlight it with the left click and press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.

Then you paste you use your right click and select paste or on the keyboard it's Ctrl+V.

For 4) it's a button on the forum. Further to the right of the B I U buttons above where you are typing your post. It looks like a mountain with a sun on a yellow background.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    For 2) you can left click on the Web address to highlight it, then right click and select copy. Or highlight it with the left click and press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.

Then you paste you use your right click and select paste or on the keyboard it's Ctrl+V.

For 4) it's a button on the forum. Further to the right of the B I U buttons above where you are typing your post. It looks like a mountain with a sun on a yellow background.
    Ok Got that so will have a play around on the test forum tomorrow as I have a visitor calling a short while so that will make a welcome change to me sitting in on my own Will do some testing tomorrow Thanks again for your help Finally I can get some pics up at last, what could possibly go wrong!! Cheers

I haven't felt like looking at this problem but Terry did provide so very good info on this for me got too many problems at the m to even try to get a pic on here but will do soon Cheers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information