Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pic Test

Re: Pic Test

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I haven't felt like looking at this problem but Terry did provide so very good info on this for me got too many problems at the m to even try to get a pic on here but will do soon Cheers
    I was actually testing something else, making a link appear as text so when you click on the text it opens a link.

Posting a pic from the internet is actually pretty simple, i'm not sure about uploading pics from the phone/laptop etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I was actually testing something else, making a link appear as text so when you click on the text it opens a link.

Posting a pic from the internet is actually pretty simple, i'm not sure about uploading pics from the phone/laptop etc.
    Ahh sorry yes there are 2 ways the traditional way www.google.co.uk or the way you did it Hmm yes posting pics can be easy, but can still cause a problem and I find some times a bit fiddly Like on pc with a sd card that's connected you have 2 drives to select from 1. C drive. 2. D Drive then copy and paste it can be a tad confusing Manage Attachments button on Advance Posts and paper clip icon at the top of a message so no real straight tot forward click on a photo click to post to post a pic, if only it was that easy Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

There's a hyperlink button in the Advanced Post option.

For uploading, see what I posted earlierin the thread which explains it. You just have to upload to NMP first then post the attachment as a Web address which it gives you when you open the image.

Fiddly at first. Dead simple once you've done it.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Ahh sorry yes there are 2 ways the traditional way www.google.co.uk or the way you did it Hmm yes posting pics can be easy, but can still cause a problem and I find some times a bit fiddly Like on pc with a sd card that's connected you have 2 drives to select from 1. C drive. 2. D Drive then copy and paste it can be a tad confusing Manage Attachments button on Advance Posts and paper clip icon at the top of a message so no real straight tot forward click on a photo click to post to post a pic, if only it was that easy Cheers
    You've just got to get into Attachments first. Once there it is assigned a page address that you can put into Insert Image so it works like any other pic on the net.

Even if you posted straight from the net you would need to upload it to something like ImageBucket first anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    There's a hyperlink button in the Advanced Post option.

For uploading, see what I posted earlierin the thread which explains it. You just have to upload to NMP first then post the attachment as a Web address which it gives you when you open the image.

Fiddly at first. Dead simple once you've done it.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

You've just got to get into Attachments first. Once there it is assigned a page address that you can put into Insert Image so it works like any other pic on the net.

Even if you posted straight from the net you would need to upload it to something like ImageBucket first anyway.
    Sure but if the pics are on your C/D Drive then presume you cut out the middle man like Imagebucket?
    Iam sure I got a image up in this thread with out copy and past think it was via the paper clip icon too and not Manage Attachments? Will have to get used to it if I want to post some pics Cheers

You won't get it on here without Manage Attachments. The Insert Image function only takes a Web address.

You have to remember that unless you load an image onto the website's server, it would simply disappear the minute you logged off. And would you want something accessing your hard drive continually to display an image?

With ImageBucket & co it's just giving you a medium to upload from an offline source and keep it there. You can then post it anywhere on the net. Uploading to NMP means uploading it to the forums server for use only on here.

If it's on your C/D, you need a middleman. In this case it's the NMP host server.

When Helenhoo takes pictures of her moles she goes to a service like ImageBucket to upload her photos. Then she pastes either a Web link in her thread or uses Insert Image to paste the link into so the pic shows in her thread.

That's what you are trying to do accept using the NMP option. She could have done that too and then her images wouldn't be all across the Internet for anyone to see.

Well Here goes ahh see image
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well Here goes ahh see image
    Nearly. Now open mine up using the quote function and see what I did to get the final step in.

another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

another pic
    You're just missing the final step. Open up my last post and you will see it.

Sometimes pics are really large. What I would do is resize a copy on my PC and then upload that instead. It's easy enough to do in a program like MS Paint.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You're just missing the final step. Open up my last post and you will see it.

Sometimes pics are really large. What I would do is resize a copy on my PC and then upload that instead. It's easy enough to do in a program like MS Paint.
    I did open up your last post, and all that was there was the image. Ok I did try another way get the image I want off my pc so it becomes a separate tab highlited it (blue) then right click and hold and 4 options on screen Copy/Paste some thing else then Paste And Go not sure what that last one does? Ok what I am trying to avoid is typing in to a post the image URL Sure it's not too long winded and managed to get the image click on in 2 posts on here it's getting the image in a post to show. As for resizing a image within the DCIM window I believe there options to resize them, the other thing is while the thumbnails are in focus, when viewing the image (larger) in a new window they are out of focus, is there any way I can tweak they using the pc to make them clearer? Takes a bit of practice I guess Cheers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information