Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pic Test

Re: Pic Test

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I did open up your last post, and all that was there was the image. Ok I did try another way get the image I want off my pc so it becomes a separate tab highlited it (blue) then right click and hold and 4 options on screen Copy/Paste some thing else then Paste And Go not sure what that last one does? Ok what I am trying to avoid is typing in to a post the image URL Sure it's not too long winded and managed to get the image click on in 2 posts on here it's getting the image in a post to show. As for resizing a image within the DCIM window I believe there options to resize them, the other thing is while the thumbnails are in focus, when viewing the image (larger) in a new window they are out of focus, is there any way I can tweak they using the pc to make them clearer? Takes a bit of practice I guess Cheers
    When you have finished uploading the image using the attachment button, Can you right click on the name of the uploaded image and see the option "copy link address"? This will copy that image link then you can paste that link in the Insert Image part and it hopefully should display the image in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    When you have finished uploading the image using the attachment button, Can you right click on the name of the uploaded image and see the option "copy link address"? This will copy that image link then you can paste that link in the Insert Image part and it hopefully should display the image in your post.
    Yes, the Web address inside image tags is all that's needed. It gets assigned an attachment ID so you have to open it up in the Attachments menu.

Dave, when you opened my post all you saw were image tags surrounding a Web address. That's the final step. You've successfully uploaded it otherwise I couldn't have done it for you.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

If you punch this into any post it will show as an image:

[IMG]http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316[/IMG ]

But take out the space between "[/IMG" & "]" which I inserted to get the code show up.

Now it has an attachment ID you will also see it in your Attachments menu in your UserCP.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 26-06-17 at 13:00.

Yes can see that option, where does it copy to though? cause from where ever it gets copied to I then need to paste in to a post? Cheers

Yes can see that option, where does it copy to though? cause from where ever it gets copied to I then need to paste in to a post? Cheers
    Attachments menu. You click on the uploaded image and a new window opens which gives you the Web address.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, the Web address inside image tags is all that's needed. It gets assigned an attachment ID so you have to open it up in the Attachments menu.

Dave, when you opened my post all you saw were image tags surrounding a Web address. That's the final step. You've successfully uploaded it otherwise I couldn't have done it for you.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

[IMG]http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316[/IMG ]

But take out the space between "[/IMG" & "]" which I inserted to get the code show up.

Now it has an attachment ID you will also see it in your Attachments menu in your UserCP.
    Terry no all I saw was the displayed image even when quote was clicked no text was displayed. The only time I get that when the image address is shown in the address bar and that has several options when highlighted and right clicked on. So getting there but still stuck Cheers

It gets copied to clipboard, yes paste it into a post and it should display the image.

Terry no all I saw was the displayed image even when quote was clicked no text was displayed. The only time I get that when the image address is shown in the address bar and that has several options when highlighted and right clicked on. So getting there but still stuck Cheers
    When the image address can be seen in your address bar, you shove inside those image tags I mentioned. That's just the same as attaching any image from Google or anywhere else.

Like I said, you've uploaded it to your Attachments successfully or else I couldn't have posted your image. I suggest you go into that menu and see it there, click on the blue writing to open it and then you copy that Web address and paste it into Insert Image on a post.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

▲▲▲ If you do that, the image shows. Try it.

Then try it from Attachments, which is where you do it whenever you have uploaded.

It gets copied to clipboard, yes paste it into a post and it should display the image.
    Ok next question where is the clip board located on my pc? Once I find that then I paste in to a post This sounds a bit easier than Terry's suggestion in inserting these image tags that have to be typed in at either end? Oh BTW I have checked in Manage Attachments and the image (not displayed) is still there and says Image 0008.jpg I right clicked and got 4 options I clicked on Copy so it's finding the clip board one would think once it's copied over by right clicking on Image 0008.jpg again, you would have a option to go to clip board but it's not that simple ahh Cheers

Ok next question where is the clip board located on my pc? Once I find that then I paste in to a post This sounds a bit easier than Terry's suggestion in inserting these image tags that have to be typed in at either end? Oh BTW I have checked in Manage Attachments and the image (not displayed) is still there and says Image 0008.jpg I right clicked and got 4 options I clicked on Copy so it's finding the clip board one would think once it's copied over by right clicking on Image 0008.jpg again, you would have a option to go to clip board but it's not that simple ahh Cheers
    You can't see the clipboard, it just saves whatever you copy so you can paste it anywhere like notepad, word etc.

Once you have copied the link using the "copy link address" close that window. Then click on Insert Image, delete the http:// part that is already in there. Right click and paste that link and it should work.

You can't see the clipboard, it just saves whatever you copy so you can paste it anywhere like notepad, word etc.

Once you have copied the link using the "copy link address" close that window. Then click on Insert Image, delete the http:// part that is already in there. Right click and paste that link and it shouldn't work.
    That's the same way I'm saying to do it. I just used left click & copy/paste instead.

I've found sometimes the image still doesn't show but opening it first seemed to sort that out.

Dave, this is about the forum, not your PC. The way it works is because of forum design.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19140

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

And no you don't type image tags, you click the Insert Image button.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information