Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pic Test

Re: Pic Test

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    When the image address can be seen in your address bar, you shove inside those image tags I mentioned. That's just the same as attaching any image from Google or anywhere else.

Like I said, you've uploaded it to your Attachments successfully or else I couldn't have posted your image. I suggest you go into that menu and see it there, click on the blue writing to open it and then you copy that Web address and paste it into Insert Image on a post.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

▲▲▲ If you do that, the image shows. Try it.

Then try it from Attachments, which is where you do it whenever you have uploaded.
    Yes I understand that Terry and when on the manage attachments page its there is text form Image 0008.jpg the same text is also in my CP under attachments but it's also in text form. In Manage Attachments there is a empty field that you can type in stuff actually I am trying to get round typing in the long url with [IMG------------[IMG] at each end is this possible, isn't that what Copy&Paste is used for? Please bear with me ahh Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Yes I understand that Terry and when on the manage attachments page its there is text form Image 0008.jpg the same text is also in my CP under attachments but it's also in text form. In Manage Attachments there is a empty field that you can type in stuff actually I am trying to get round typing in the long url with [IMG------------[IMG] at each end is this possible, isn't that what Copy&Paste is used for? Please bear with me ahh Cheers
    Posts are crossing a bit.

Tags are represented as buttons on here for convenience so you don't need to type them in. As long as your Javascript is enabled, the forum buttons will work fine.

It's the same when you press Quote, it inserts the tags for you. Just in this case you press the Insert Image button.

You are nearly there. It's just a fiddly process that should be a bit more user friendly.

IE
    That's the same way I'm saying to do it. I just used left click & copy/paste instead.

I've found sometimes the image still doesn't show but opening it first seemed to sort that out.

Dave, this is about the forum, not your PC. The way it works is because of forum design.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19140

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

And no you don't type image tags, you click the Insert Image button.
    Talk about baby steps lol right ok I clicked on the insert image icon I get a message saying that this site (NMP) uses dialogue that requires you to open IE on Desk Top Open or Close options on the screen so obviously you click on Open but why do I need to open desk top? So I haven't selected Open as yet just left it ahh technology eh never straight forward

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Posts are crossing a bit.

Tags are represented as buttons on here for convenience so you don't need to type them in. As long as your Javascript is enabled, the forum buttons will work fine.

It's the same when you press Quote, it inserts the tags for you. Just in this case you press the Insert Image button.

You are nearly there. It's just a fiddly process that should be a bit more user friendly.
    They are Terry Yes JS is enabled as All forum buttons do work so good to go It is quite fiddly is this due to the FTP? One would think it would be made more user friendly though. One other thing when browsing the images to select one to copy they are on a different page to the DCIM page where I have 84 images on D drive when uploading to the forum I am taken not to my full list (84) of images but another single page with well under 84 images cant see a next page button or icon though, so had a look at DCIM D drive and can right click any image with options like Copy so I would obviously select Copy then follow the other steps Edit so open IE in Desk Top another window appears get VB message saying type in image address but I have already Copied a image on to the clip board so wont the Image URL be auto typed in the VB window? Ahh Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 26-06-17 at 14:36.

I've used 3 laptops with Windows XP, Vista and 10 plus two different versions of Android and never seen that. It just pops up the link window with HTTP in that you need to delete out before pasting.

What operating system are you using?

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Clicking to open the file browser when you want an image (when you clicked browse) should just use your computer's operating system. So, if using Windows it will bring up a box with file names/icons in and then you have to navigate to the right drive/folder from there. This bit is nothing to do with the forum, it's how your computer already looks for files manually and works the same offline.

If it opens a folder where the images aren't there, you just navigate to the right place.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

No, you're not copying, you're uploading. Like I said, it's about forum constraints. You left click the file to select it.

If you copy an image from an offline source, it wouldn't be there once you logged off. This is why you need to upload to an online source first whether that is the NMP server or a third party like PhotoBucket.

I've used 3 laptops with Windows XP, Vista and 10 plus two different versions of Android and never seen that. It just pops up the link window with HTTP in that you need to delete out before pasting.

What operating system are you using?

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Clicking to open the file browser when you want an image (when you clicked browse) should just use your computer's operating system. So, if using Windows it will bring up a box with file names/icons in and then you have to navigate to the right drive/folder from there. This bit is nothing to do with the forum, it's how your computer already looks for files manually and works the same offline.

If it opens a folder where the images aren't there, you just navigate to the right place.
    OS is WIndows 8.1Right ok yes when I opened IE On Desk top the new window appeared then clicked on Insert Image and up came VB With a text field with http:// already there you say delete that bit and just click on ok or save or what ever it is, do you get a choice EG: Say I have copied 4 different images to the clip board will I be given a choice to choose from or does the clip board only store one image at a time, wouldn't have thought so? RIght going to get the VB prompt on the screen and delete http:// and see what happens. Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Test:

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Test: Very strange deleted the http: bit so field was totally blank clicked on Ok then saved post it asked me to put at least one character before I could post so typed Test and no pic Damn it Don't forget I have already copied the Image 0008.jpg first so annoying ahh Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 26-06-17 at 14:56.

OS is WIndows 8.1Right ok yes when I opened IE On Desk top the new window appeared then clicked on Insert Image and up came VB With a text field with http:// already there you say delete that bit and just click on ok or save or what ever it is, do you get a choice EG: Say I have copied 4 different images to the clip board will I be given a choice to choose from or does the clip board only store one image at a time, wouldn't have thought so? RIght going to get the VB prompt on the screen and delete http:// and see what happens. Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Test:
    IE? Then you clicked Insert Image? Not sure what you are doing there. Are to still trying to upload an image? If so, you clicked Manage Attachments in Advanced Post then you should have used the browse for file, left click on file to bring up the name in the bar and then hit upload. Or are you trying to attach a Web address in there? If so, that's a waste of time, that's not what you are trying to do.

Choice? No, it just asks you to type in a Web address. Nothing more. I think you need to get this final step right before you get into more advanced things.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Test: Very strange deleted the http: bit so field was totally blank clicked on Ok then saved post it asked me to put at least one character before I could post so typed Test and no pic Damn it Don't forget I have already copied the Image 0008.jpg first so annoying ahh Cheers
    You delete out what's there and replace it with the Web address for your pic. Then you click ok.

IE? Then you clicked Insert Image? Not sure what you are doing there. Are to still trying to upload an image? If so, you clicked Manage Attachments in Advanced Post then you should have used the browse for file, left click on file to bring up the name in the bar and then hit upload. Or are you trying to attach a Web address in there? If so, that's a waste of time, that's not what you are trying to do.

Choice? No, it just asks you to type in a Web address. Nothing more. I think you need to get this final step right before you get into more advanced things.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

You delete out what's there and replace it with the Web address for your pic. Then you click ok.
    Terry already have got past uploaded (that's the easy part) as said the Image 0008.jpg is in 2 places on NMP Manage Attachments page and on my CP under attachments I right click in either place and the first option(Copy) is what I select so that's now on the clip board, then open up IE (browser) on desk top as requested by a message on the screen from NMP I didn't really want to have to type in the address of the image thought it was going to be easier than that would have thought after copying a image eg: 0008.jpg I could paste it directly in the box where the http: is after I delete the http: but obviously you cant it's too long winded Like I say the first bit uploading is easy very easy after that it's a pain. Cheers

The upload assigns an address, Insert Image opens the address inside a box for you as a displayed image.

In Insert Image you just post the link address for the attachment. That's only one button click longer than inserting a link to another website.

If you don't want to do this, use a third party hosting site but you will still have to upload your images to it and then use Insert Image on here (copy/paste may work then as well).

It's only a bugbear when you're learning how to use it. After that it's dead quick.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Here's that second image:

That's a quick process to me because I've done it before. It was messy when I first tried it.

But if you can't get that fair with it, so we can see an image, something is wrong in the process.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

I'm not sure why you are having to open up IE on your desktop. What browser are you using?

Forget right clicking and messing around with the clipboard for now. First try left clicking so it opens up the image in a new tab/window the copy the Web address. Then go back to the post and click Insert Image, delete the text already there and paste the Web address in, click on. Then click elsewhere on the screen as it's easy to delete the address again otherwise as it remains highlighted in the post you are typing (I've done that loads my mistake).

If we can see It works, then experiment with the right click stuff. It's different in Android browsers but the opening of the image to copy the Web address works that's why I tend to go with it first as it's almost the same in Windows in that respect.

If all you get is a little box, that's a separate problem that I've also had and found a way around. But otherwise you should have an image displayed in the post.

Out of interest, how do you post pics off somewhere like Google Images? With link address or copy/pasting images with right clicking?

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

And before you try any of that, can you tell us what happens if you are in Attachments and left click of the name of the image (the blue link).

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Another test. Can you obtain the Web address from my link and then paste it & click ok in the Insert Image function?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachm...8&d=1432446431

Terry I am using IE Browser and the reason (I don't have choice on this regarding the desk top) I am using the desk top is because I am asked to do so as it says on the bottom of the screen this site NMP uses dialogues that require Internet Explore on the desk top. 2 options on screen Open Desk Top, or Close You try it on your Windows device and see if you get the same screen message. Iam going to have one more go using left click this time and if I cant do it I will leave it alone for now. No never done any testing on Google and not trying it either need to get the forum problem sorted Ok so left clicked the link in your post takes the whole URL to my address bar and its typed in, I then highlight it (blue) Right click and it says 1. Cut 2. Copy. 3. Paste. 4. Paste and Go?? Think the whole process could be made so much easier Just like the way I can easily with a few clicks get the 0008.jpeg in a post but wont display till it's clicked on but that's the easiest way to do it and works every time. Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 26-06-17 at 20:14.

So, you click Copy. (Did you see the picture? )

Then you come back to this thread and click Insert Image. Delete anything out then paste in the URL (might be a right click function) then click OK.

You should then see that URL encased by image tags. Now post the post.

The image should now be in the post.

I can't replicate that issue with IE because it has never happened on the 3 versions I've used. It might be a Windows 8 issue? It's poor having to open that to do things like this because you already have IE open surely to be using the forum? Or are you using a strip down browser of some kind hence needing to open a proper browser to do these functions?

It is what it is, Dave. It's only a couple of clicks more to change it from a hyperlink to a displayed image.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Did some searching around about what you mentioned.

The reason you are getting a prompt to use the desktop IE is because Windows 8 included a "Metro" version as well as a full IE version. It's basically a stripped down program and obviously it doesn't handle certain functions you need.

If opening the desktop version at this point allows you to finish the process, that's all good. If you don't want those messages, use the desktop version when surfing. If it doesn't bother you the rest of the time, it's obviously no issue for you.

I'm glad I went straight from Vista to 10. Windows 8 was always very buggy and the design wasn't the best.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information