Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pic Test

Re: Pic Test

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    So, you click Copy. (Did you see the picture? )

Then you come back to this thread and click Insert Image. Delete anything out then paste in the URL (might be a right click function) then click OK.

You should then see that URL encased by image tags. Now post the post.

The image should now be in the post.

I can't replicate that issue with IE because it has never happened on the 3 versions I've used. It might be a Windows 8 issue? It's poor having to open that to do things like this because you already have IE open surely to be using the forum? Or are you using a strip down browser of some kind hence needing to open a proper browser to do these functions?

It is what it is, Dave. It's only a couple of clicks more to change it from a hyperlink to a displayed image.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Did some searching around about what you mentioned.

The reason you are getting a prompt to use the desktop IE is because Windows 8 included a "Metro" version as well as a full IE version. It's basically a stripped down program and obviously it doesn't handle certain functions you need.

If opening the desktop version at this point allows you to finish the process, that's all good. If you don't want those messages, use the desktop version when surfing. If it doesn't bother you the rest of the time, it's obviously no issue for you.

I'm glad I went straight from Vista to 10. Windows 8 was always very buggy and the design wasn't the best.
    Yes I saw the image. If I cant get a paste option to show at the last stage, then I believe certain key strokes will do the same. I know it's Ctrl+C for copy and is it Ctrl+V for Paste and must it be higher case letters at the end? Also would any of the F keys does the same thing (Copy&Paste) So even though the compute stick is a pc so when is it running the full IE version, I guess on this image issue? So ordinary surfing like when on the forum will I be using the Metro version? And why to versions cant really see the point when the full IE Version will do it all.Thanks Terry Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 27-06-17 at 11:14.

Yep, those shortcut keys will do the job fine I tend to use them rather than a mouse or touchpad on laptops. Just remember to highlight the URL first or it will copy something else probably.

No need for higher case, just CTRL & the relevant key. It's not case sensitive.

The F keys don't do copy/paste to my knowledge. It would be a duplication with already having a short cut.

It's your Windows 8 that is the issue with the two versions of IE. They built it that way. You can surf using either version but which method you use to open your browser determines which is launched. If you launch it from the desktop it is the full version. I think the Metro strip down version is launched from the start menu.

Yep, those shortcut keys will do the job fine I tend to use them rather than a mouse or touchpad on laptops. Just remember to highlight the URL first or it will copy something else probably.

No need for higher case, just CTRL & the relevant key. It's not case sensitive.

The F keys don't do copy/paste to my knowledge. It would be a duplication with already having a short cut.

It's your Windows 8 that is the issue with the two versions of IE. They built it that way. You can surf using either version but which method you use to open your browser determines which is launched. If you launch it from the desktop it is the full version. I think the Metro strip down version is launched from the start menu.
    Ahh Ok so while I can right click to copy I can use use the Ctrl+ key to paste or must I use it via the pop up options (both for copy and paste) and like wise the Ctrl+ keys or can I mx the 2 if I wish? And what was is the paste key V? I will have go in a bit. Yes makes sense that does Re IE browser but why have a watered down version in the fist place ? Would I eventually be best to upgrade to Windows 10? I mean I am quite happy with windows 8.1 and it does work much better (I think than any Android box you plug in to your Tv ) The other thing is (doesn't bother me really) is under Manage Attachments the for eg: 0008.jpg is no longer there so must be a session cookie that has expired but it still available in my CP so it's not lost Cheers

Manage Attachments is just for uploading. It's Attachments in the CP that shows everything you have stored.

Microsoft built Windows 8 that way when they were starting out with apps so they were copying what Google do with Android. It was greatly improved moving to Windows 10. On 10 they introduced a new strip down called Edge bit it's basic functions are closer to what Chrome does. It's much better though as there is none of the naff tablet design of Windows 8.

You can upgrade. May have to pay though.

The reason they use these strip downs is because IE is terribly slow these days. It used to be great but Firefox & Chrome left it for dust.

Copy/paste will work with mouse or desktop shortcuts. They are doing the same thing to Windows so it doesn't matter which you do. Just like using the mouse to click up & down on a scroll bar or the cursors.

CTRL + V is paste.

Manage Attachments is just for uploading. It's Attachments in the CP that shows everything you have stored.

Microsoft built Windows 8 that way when they were starting out with apps so they were copying what Google do with Android. It was greatly improved moving to Windows 10. On 10 they introduced a new strip down called Edge bit it's basic functions are closer to what Chrome does. It's much better though as there is none of the naff tablet design of Windows 8.

You can upgrade. May have to pay though.

The reason they use these strip downs is because IE is terribly slow these days. It used to be great but Firefox & Chrome left it for dust.

Copy/paste will work with mouse or desktop shortcuts. They are doing the same thing to Windows so it doesn't matter which you do. Just like using the mouse to click up & down on a scroll bar or the cursors.

CTRL + V is paste.
    Sure makes sense Are these strip down versions as secure as the normal ones though? Yes I heard that too that one now may have to pay for windows 10 so may leave it 8.1 You would think they would have tweaked IE to run faster, is that possible? No what I am saying is can I mx the copy and paste functions for Eg: to get copy up on screen I just right click the link then using Ctrl+V to paste so only using the Ctrl once if that makes sense? Don't have a mouse, just a tracker pad and 2 buttons left and right so does the same thing Thanks

Yep, you can mix those functions.

IE was always slow. They've gone this route instead so I doubt it will change. Perhaps it's quicker & easier than changing it and since it's heavily used in businesses that might be a reason?

It's as secure.

Edge has one major design flaw that puts me right off. It doesn't resurrect your tabs if it crashes so you lose everything you had open. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Last I looked into it they had no plans to change this despite many annoyed users like me. A total fail in thinking about the user there. Like it would mean much to save that in memory!

Yep, you can mix those functions.

IE was always slow. They've gone this route instead so I doubt it will change. Perhaps it's quicker & easier than changing it and since it's heavily used in businesses that might be a reason?

It's as secure.

Edge has one major design flaw that puts me right off. It doesn't resurrect your tabs if it crashes so you lose everything you had open. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Last I looked into it they had no plans to change this despite many annoyed users like me. A total fail in thinking about the user there. Like it would mean much to save that in memory!
    Nicely answered I find the striped down version of IE (not Desk top) is actually quite fast on forums and general browsing too so quite happy with that. What I don't like is when selecting a Favourite it knocks out one open tab when I go back to tabs ( it shouldn't be doing that) even when there are only 4 or 5 open tabs in the address bar and reopening it doesn't bring it back either so annoying any cure for this? Cheers

Do you mean it opens the favourite in the current tab rather than in a new one so you lose what was in that tab? If so, are there right click options like "open in new tab", "open in new window", etc?

Do you mean it opens the favourite in the current tab rather than in a new one so you lose what was in that tab? If so, are there right click options like "open in new tab", "open in new window", etc?
    Ahh yes think it does, right to hover over the favourite you want (in favourites) then right click for open in new tab! Seems a strange set up though, one would think select a favourite and that becomes a new tab in your address bar but easily put right thanks. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachm...6&d=1498404316

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Ahh yes think it does, right hover over the favourite you want (in favourites) then right click for open in new tab! Seems a strange set up though, one would think select a favourite and that becomes a new tab in your address bar but easily put right thanks. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachm...6&d=1498404316
    Ahh just tried from my cp under attachments copied using right click found the post but not via Desk Top route and Ctrl+V so it's pasted the address in to a post and it was easy but still not displaying image only the link, hmm Cheers

That's because you pasted a link - as a link.

Click Insert Image, shove that link in to it and it will convert the link to a picture.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information