Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning when peeing? Anyone?

Burning when peeing? Anyone?

Hey guys.

So for the last 2 weeks (on and off) its been burning when I pee.

I have no redness, no swelling or anything. Before I started getting the pain when peeing start I had some itching/tickling down below (im male)

I went to the doc, did a urine test. No infection. Or STI. No sign of anything in my water. Told me to use some clotrimazole cream. I have and the itching has almost completely gone. Most days I get none or very little.

But It still burns when i pee. When symptoms started, I had no pain at this point. But i was squeezing the end of my penis to sort of "stratch the itch" and then a few days after it started to sting a bit. Do you think i've damaged the urethra? And it's swollen or something inside? It looks normal... but only as far as i can see.

It doesn't sting all the time. I was out drinking last night and pee'd a lot - didn't hurt one bit. It seems when my urine is not concentrated it hurts less or not at all...

Any ideas? Sorry if any TMI. Tough to describe without saying certain things haha.

Re: Burning when peeing? Anyone?

could be non specific urethritis NSU

cures with antibiotics

I'm surprised there was no infection.
    Based on no infection, It sounds like maybe you have a cut or abrasion where you are trying to scratch. Would it be possible to NOT TOUCH or rib the area -while adding in extra water- for about 4-5 days and see if it resolves?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for getting back guys.

I am a bit confused. Urine test brought nothing up. Which tests for UTIs, STIs, anything in your water basically. All clear.

Itching pretty much ceased. I'm leaning towards a bacterial infection somehow. I'll keep up with the cream (i have stopped for the last few days)

Just confuses me as there is no redness or swelling and it's sometimes intermittent.

I'll refrain from touching the area unless washing. Perhaps this is irritation rather than infection? I don't know.

I am leaning towards irritation...I've had similar issues with picking/itching sensitive areas. The diluted urine making it less painful also points to This theory, as the irritants in the urine are diluted. Keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's always best to go back to your doctor with any physical symptoms such as this, we can't tell you what this is for sure and it wouldn't be right as anxiety sufferers to do that, we can only share our own experiences, but your doctor can make a diagnosis.

Best wishes
    ISB ☺

So not much has changed.

The only thing that confuses me is that this ONLY hurts when my urine is concentrated/yellow.... Its completely 100% painless when my urine is pale/diluted.

Like i said, no infection was present in the urine test. And surely an infection wouldn't only hurt when it was concentrated. It would always hurt?

Confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    So not much has changed.

The only thing that confuses me is that this ONLY hurts when my urine is concentrated/yellow.... Its completely 100% painless when my urine is pale/diluted.

Like i said, no infection was present in the urine test. And surely an infection wouldn't only hurt when it was concentrated. It would always hurt?

Confused!

I'd personally advise you to go back to the doctors to do another urine test because sometimes people can do urine tests and infection doesn't show up because the infection is so small. So maybe it's worth going back to check if anything is coming up now. Also if it's just dip tested with the stick ask for it to be sent off to the lab because they can analyse it better which is more accurate than the dip test. If it comes back as negative again it's worth discussing what this may be. Because it's not nice putting up with stinging when going to the toilet.. it's quite frankly god awful so I really do hope you get this sorted

Also, I've suffered with urine infections badly in the past so I know all the ins and outs of these urine tests and then being sent off etc so I hope my information was useful and hopefully you're problem will be sorted out soon!

Thanks for your reply! I will see how this tablet helps (Fluzonazole) over the next few days.

Today there has been much less stinging. So i guess, at least it's not getting worse!

So you completely ignored my reply but acknowledged the same reply posted later from 'little miss worry', typical male...after all, what's my red apple compared to her photo eh? only joking

But the same message still stands. ..we cannot diagnose, which is more or less what you are asking us to do. See your doctor again if you are worried about this.

Best wishes
    ISB ☺

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information