Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Left Eye Twitching

Lower Left Eye Twitching

Hi there,

I have been under an immense amount of stress lately so I am logically hoping this is the cause. Since about Thursday (or Friday) I have been feeling this intermittent lower left eyelid twitching, which I can see if I look in the mirror. It is very subtle, almost like a fluttering...and very very annoying. It gets worse if I focus on it. My worry is it is the beginning of Hemifacial Spasm. I don't know how long I should wait until I bring it up with my PCP (who I think it so annoyed with me lately). I have had upper eyelid twitching before, which has lasted for a week or two. I'm just worried this could be something ominous. Thanks for listening.

Re: Lower Left Eye Twitching

Hemifacial Spasm
    As I've just posted on another thread, every day I learn a new medical term on this forum...

Eye twitching is a very common anxiety symptom, I get it a bit if I'm stressed out. You know the phrase "nervous twitch" or "nervous tic"? Very unlikely to be anything in the slightest bit to worry about, just a sign to look after your stress levels more.

I think what worries me, it it is my lower lid and that has never happened to me before. It's ALWAYS been my upper lid...

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOutQueen View Post
    I think what worries me, it it is my lower lid and that has never happened to me before. It's ALWAYS been my upper lid...
    So you have eye twitches that you know are nothing to worry about, now you have very slightly different eye twitches and you're worried?

Deep breath... think logically...

Okay! I will try

All twitching even strange ones can be from anxiety! And if your aren't sleeping well on top of your anxiety? This can make it even worse

Hi all, I am starting to get worried as this twitching has still not stopped. It seems to be better in the morning and progresses gradually throughout the day. I don't want to run off to the neurologist as I am really trying to keep my hypochondria in perspective, but I am worried. Has anyone else ever experienced eyelid twitching? How long did it last? Tomorrow will be one week for me.

I have lower lid twitching too!
    I have been to numerous dr.'s about it- they have all told me that is just a sign of severe exhaustion.

With me - my twitch is that simple- lack of sleep.

Did you know about hemifacial spasms before your eye started twitching or did you just learn about them after you looked up eye twitching on the Internet? If it is the latter then there's your answer. Eye twitching is very common with anxiety. Stop focusing on it and it will stop.

I get them at times and they can be in either eye, upper or lower. I have it right now, actually. really annoying but just means you are stressed or overtired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information