Thread: not had any tests

not had any tests

hi there, since being diagnosed with panic attacks nearly 5yrs ago, my doc hasnt done a single test to see if there was anything physically wrong with me. not even a blood test. and when i read most posts on this forum most of the people have had some sort of test. like i eventually got a appointment with my doc today after 2wks of trying and told her my eyes were jittery and sore and she didnt even so much as look in my eye. she just dissmissed it as my anxiety and put me back on my prozac. is she right to do this or is she being un-professional? it worries me that she is so quick to turn round and blame my anxiety....which im obviously 99.9% sure it is my anxiety. but how can she realy be sure without ruling out everything else? not sure if this is the right place to post.xxx.

Re: not had any tests

Hi

I must admit I am a bit surprised that you have never been sent for any tests, I was sent for an ECG when I first saw my GP which of course came back fine and was put down to anxiety.

Hopefully you can see from this website that all of the symptoms are related to anxiety however unpleasant they are.. and believe me I know that they can be very unpleasant!!!

If you are not happy with your GP then please consider changing but you can always find a lot of reassurance and support from this brilliant website.

Take care and keep well.

Thread Information