Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase to 7.5mg

Increase to 7.5mg

Hi I've been on venlafaxine 187.5mg and olanzapine 5mg for a couple of years now for severe anxiety and panic, due to a lot of stresses in my life recently my anxiety has flared up again with avengence so after an emergency visit to see my physc he has increased my olanz to 7.5mg, this was 12 days ago now and I'm still not feeling much better, he's also prescribed me Diaz 2mg to help until the increase kicks in which I am needing to take, I'm really struggling to function at the minute with this deliberating anxiety which is hard as my son has special needs and requires a lot of care. Reading up olanzapine I know it takes a while to kick in but I guess I'm just after some reassurance as at the minute I'm feeling very alone and scared. ××

Re: Increase to 7.5mg

Hi Nicola
    Sorry you're not feeling so good.
    I'm on Ven the same as you,and Olanzapine.
    I was on 5mg for a while then had a relapse and it was increased to 10,which did the trick.Maybe that would help you?
    I remember you helping me when I had increases in Ven and just wanted to say you will get there,it can just take a while to find the best dose.
    I would go back to your doc if you find you're still struggling.
    From my personal experience, any increase in Olanzapine has been fast acting,I've noticed a difference after just a day or so.
    Sending you a hug,let's know how you get on

Thank-you for replying, I'm feeling very scared at the minute and spend most of my time crying, I have another appointment with my physc on Thursday so will see what he says. I've had a tremendous amount of pressure and stress with my son and I think everything has just got on top of me ×××

10 mg might just do the trick hun.
    My anxiety was sky high and it worked for me .tc xx

Do you take it in one dose? I currently take 2.5mg in the morning and 5mg at night, my anxiety is through the roof too ×××

I take it in one dose at night x

Thank-you, I did speak to my physc on the phone last week and he suggested I increase it to 10mg but I was reluctant but I'm tempted to do it myself as I'm hardly functioning with this anxiety. Thank-you so much for replying ×××

You're welcome hun.
    Let's know how you get on.You'll get there I'm sure.
    Its been a lifesaver for me xx

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    venlafaxine 187.5mg and olanzapine 5mg for a couple of years now for severe anxiety and panic, due to a lot of stresses in my life recently my anxiety has flared up again with avengence so after an emergency visit to see my physc he has increased my olanz to 7.5mg
    Was any thought given to also raising the venlafaxine dose up to the recommended maximum 225mg, perhaps even a little higher?

this was 12 days ago now and I'm still not feeling much better, he's also prescribed me Diaz 2mg to help until the increase kicks in
    I think the olanzapine dose needs to be increased to at least 10mg, and 2mg diazepam is a tiny dose. Given how stressed you are atm, more decisive action is needed, imho.

thank-you, there has been no mention of increasing my ven but I was going to bring that up with my physc tomorrow too. I think I am going to have to increase to 10mg of olanz too as I'm desperate at the min, I spoke to my gp on the phone yesterday who has increased my Diaz until I see my physc tomorrow as I'm barely functioning due to this horrendous anxiety and I'm my sons main carer who has very complex needs so I need something. Thank-you for taking your time to reply ×××

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information