Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increase to 7.5mg

Re: Increase to 7.5mg

Well I've got my physc appointment at 12 so will see what he suggests altho I have felt slightly calmer the last 2 days but still very shaky ××

How did it go?

Hi he has increased me to 10mg, I've already took 2.5mg this morning so got to take 7.5mg tonight then tomorrow take 10mg at night, I'm very nervous and praying it helps ××

Hi Nic, so sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, sending you big hugs xx

Thank-you Michelle ×× I feel like a frightened little girl at the minute 😢 how are you? ××

I know what your going through it's awful being crippled by anxiety. I hope your increase will bring you some relief. I've never tried it so have no experience to offer I'm afraid. From what I've read it sounds good for anxiety so hopefully the increase will help.
    I'm going through a tough spot too but trying to get through it without Meds. 1 because I have a medication phobia and 2 I seem to get awful withdrawal effects from most of the Meds I've tried. I recently came off diazepam after taking a low dose for a number of years and felt dreadful withdrawal effects. I'm into over 3 months off now and some days better than others. When it's the week before my period thou my anxiety sky rockets so must be hormone related anxiety too. I stopped the ven a long time back. I'm having intensive Cbt now once a week a lady comes to my home, seems to be helping, she's teaching me how to cope with anxiety without Meds. I still wake every morning with that horrible churning stomach every morning and fast heartbeat but as the day goes on I use distraction techniques and I'm booking myself on a Mindfullness course. Exercise helps. I've basically got to not fight the anxiety but accept it and realise it can't hurt me. Learning to accept it is helping.
    How is your son doing now? I'm here if ever you want to chat xx

Moving up to 10mg helped me a lot Nicola so keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    It worked quite quickly as well.
    Tc xx

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle1 View Post
    I know what your going through it's awful being crippled by anxiety. I hope your increase will bring you some relief. I've never tried it so have no experience to offer I'm afraid. From what I've read it sounds good for anxiety so hopefully the increase will help.
    I'm going through a tough spot too but trying to get through it without Meds. 1 because I have a medication phobia and 2 I seem to get awful withdrawal effects from most of the Meds I've tried. I recently came off diazepam after taking a low dose for a number of years and felt dreadful withdrawal effects. I'm into over 3 months off now and some days better than others. When it's the week before my period thou my anxiety sky rockets so must be hormone related anxiety too. I stopped the ven a long time back. I'm having intensive Cbt now once a week a lady comes to my home, seems to be helping, she's teaching me how to cope with anxiety without Meds. I still wake every morning with that horrible churning stomach every morning and fast heartbeat but as the day goes on I use distraction techniques and I'm booking myself on a Mindfullness course. Exercise helps. I've basically got to not fight the anxiety but accept it and realise it can't hurt me. Learning to accept it is helping.
    How is your son doing now? I'm here if ever you want to chat xx
    Hi, you've done so well getting off the ven and Diaz, that must have been tough going. I also have a medication phobia so I get myself into a right panic whenever my meds are altered and start looking for side effects/withdrawals etc...I'm my own worst enemy at times!! Pleased to here your having cbt I've never been offered that but my physc did mention mindfulness might be beneficial to me.
    Things have been pretty tough with my son, he's now been diagnosed with ocd as well as chronic anxiety and asd and I've literally had to fight for support for him. After 9 months of fighting I've finally managed to get him an EHCP (education, health and care plan) which will secure him support until he is 25, he's currently 16 and just about to start his gcse's so as you can imagine things are very tough for him, he had to drop 3 gcse subjects earlier in the year and go on a part time timetable for school as he just can't cope with full time. We've secured him a place at college for September though on a 3 day course and now with the EHCP he will receive a lot more support. It has been the truly hardest thing I have ever had to go through seeing him suffer but he has an appointment with a child physc in July to look at if a low dose of an AD will help him especially with his anxiety and ocd as he gets terrible obsessions and rituals. I think I have been on auto pilot for the past few months and now I've crashed and burnt out, he lacks a lot of simple life skills so his care needs can be very complex but again now this EHCP is coming into place I'm hoping for help with that.
    It's been lovely to hear from you again ×××

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon View Post
    Moving up to 10mg helped me a lot Nicola so keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    It worked quite quickly as well.
    Tc xx
    Thank-you, I took my 7.5mg last night to make me up to 10mg yesterday and tonight I will take my 10mg. I still didn't sleep well last night though and was up at 3 😪 I still feel a bit shaky this morning so have had a Diaz which has helped. I'm just keeping my finger crossed it helps.
    Thank-you for your support, it really means a lot ×××

How are you feeling today Nicola?

Well day 2 of my increase to 10mg and I am significantly calmer, the shakes have just about stopped and the anxiety has lowered tremendously....touch wood! My only concern is I'm having the most weird vivid dreams I've been awake on and off since 2.30 this morning with them, do these pass? I do dream anyway on the ven but not to this extent! Also the weight gain is worrying me a bit, I am actually underweight at the minute due to being so poorly with the anxiety but I'm just worried I'm going to pile it on, I didn't on 5mg but I was careful with what I ate? Thank-you ×××

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information