Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to's and things you need to know about using this forum

Re: How to's and things you need to know about using this forum

ahh yes thanks Pancho - I will remove it for now

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola

Many thanks for your help.

13) No More Panic is not equipped to deal with certain subjects and as such any posts/threads relating to these may be removed. The links section of No More Panic contains a wealth of links to other sites that may be able to help. These subjects include, but are not limited to

• Threatening suicide, hinting you may attempt committing suicide, and describing attempts/methods. Members are free to post their worries about the subject.
    • Paedophilia. No More Panic acknowledges that OCD can include upsetting thoughts about paedophilia. Members may seek advice about coping with these thoughts but must not describe them in detail.
    • Harming others whether physically or mentally.
    • When discussing self harm members must not graphically describe the method by which the victim self harms.
    • Eating disorders. However, posting about unintentional weight loss or gain caused by anxiety/depression is acceptable.

I have read this several times and it is either condradicts itself or I don't fully understand the words in bold re threatening suicide, as I have lately often see threads that I find personally very distressing.
    Would you kindly elaborate.

We do not allow posts that blatantly say the member is going to take their own life and/or how they intend to do it.

However, a lot of members do feel suicidal at times so to say things about feeling suicidal and fed up and not wanting to carry on living like they are is permitted.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

if you do feel that any posts do break the rules then you are welcome to report them, that way it will bring them to the admins attention and they can discuss the post/thread

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thank you for the replies.

I still feel there is a very thin line when members say they accutely want to commit suicide or write about it seeking help. If I wanted to commit suicide I certainly wouldn't write it on a blog.

I suppose in my case it may be best to avoid these threads.

It does say quite clearly 'Members are free to post their worries about the subject'

It is a lot different someone saying they are depressed and have had suicidal thoughts, than someone threatening to do it, or talking about ways of doing it. These are the sort of posts we don't allow.

This has been a great help, thank you

How do I send a private message to a member?

Go on to the members profile page and the option to send a message is just under the persons name on a 'send message' drop down menu

Also if you see a persons post on a thread you can click their names to make a drop down menu appear and send message is also on there

There is also the option on your own control panel to select send message from the left hand side.

Hope this helps

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information