Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get rid of stinking thinking!

Re: Get rid of stinking thinking!

Thanks Terry, hugs to all of you. I really hope that I am on the way to conquer the "what if" in my life. My biggest worry is finding a job. I stress terribly before a job interview, I've had some really bad employers. I'm afraid, (ah the anxiety of fear) that another rejection will set me back. I have to stay on my path of healing. I am determined! I have had a lot of supportive feedback here and my therapist has been great, even though she wants me to be on meds. I'm a bit of a cry baby, but I come from a long line of sensitive females.

Thanks Terry, I'll look into it. Amazing over 100 people have viewed this post and so little feed back. I would really like to know how other people are learning to cope with or eliminate their anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    Thanks Terry, I'll look into it. Amazing over 100 people have viewed this post and so little feed back. I would really like to know how other people are learning to cope with or eliminate their anxiety.
    Admin have explained this before. The figures include non members plus things like Web spiders so they are overinflated.

I've got threads on the games board with over 20k views yet we only tend to have around 1k active members. If you keep posting it receives greater traffic.

Thanks for sharing - re-wiring the brain seems to be the only permanent solution to anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    Amazing over 100 people have viewed this post and so little feed back. I would really like to know how other people are learning to cope with or eliminate their anxiety.
    Keep in mind 100 views isn't all people. It could be bots and such.

I believe that most here are here due to the fact they haven't learned to cope or eliminate their anxiety. I also believe that most that have learned to cope with their anxiety have moved on and no longer post.

I posted this on a few occasions but I believe that many sufferers have what could be considered a co-dependent relationship with their anxiety. They know it's detrimental for them but they continue to live with it. The reasons can vary but the comparison is similar.

What you posted is solid advice and a technique that can work if one takes the personal initiative and implements the technique into their lives. After my cancer, I went to therapy for some depression and "scanxiety". In addition to the one on one meetings, I implemented CBT techniques which I got here (CBT4PANIC). My therapist was 100% for it and I still use some of those techniques to this day.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for this, I tried using it today for the first time. I do sort of try to challenge my intrusive thoughts in my head all the time with rationalising, but it felt good writing them down and physically having it in front of me so I could read out all the reasons why my fears arent rational. Sort of like reassurance seeking, just that reassurance comes from you. I think I might give this a proper try.

That's a great technique there! Thanks for sharing!

I think the basic idea is simply taking on your inner demons head on. I see these demons as bullies so they'll pick on you when you let them. Preparing yourself and telling them to get lost is how you slowly take back your life. People have more control over their lives but self doubt and lack of confidence often see them unable to believe that.

so great eeeeeeeppp so happy i found this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information