Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings!!

You're doing great . Well done for perservering .

Remember its how you view and think about these situations and their outcomes that cause the panicky feelings not the people involved

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi there and a big welcome to the forum

Looking forward to hearing more about you - I agree that it really helps to share stuff with others who understand what you are going through.

Best wishes, Jo xx

Hi Mypanichelp

It sounds as though you are doing well and making progress with the social phobia.

I have spent the last 20 years avoiding all the situations which cause me to panic and have virtually isolated myself from everyone. It had got to the stage where actually speaking to anyone that I don't know very well was impossible. I am just starting to try to face my fears and have started by talking on the phone, first to one new person, and then trying to build up the number of people I talk to.

I think that is what we all need to do, whatever our fear, to keep trying to push out of the safety zone a little bit at a time. You already sound like you are doing this, so well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information