Thread: Weird headache for over 2 weeks, pretty concerned

Weird headache for over 2 weeks, pretty concerned

Hi all,

I'm new here. However, I am not new to health anxiety lol. My past with health anxiety includes getting a thorough heart checkup for shortness of breath and palpitations (nothing was found), and counseling which I have not done since high school (I'm 21).

Anyway, headaches have never been something that concerned me. I actually do get them quite frequently, except I've always been able to treat them with either advil, some coffee, or I would just sleep it off. For the past 2+ weeks now, I've been having this headache that is mostly constant, and it ranges from dull to moderate to just weird pressure. I also notice it hurts when I press on certain areas, I first noticed this when I was laying on my back on a hard floor and the floor against the back of my head really hurt..and of course that freaked me out lol.

So, after no drugs helped, no coffee, not even sleep, I went to the doctor a week ago. She suspected migraines. I got a shot of toradol (an injected NSAID) which did nothing. She also gave me Sumatriptan for migraines, which also have not helped. Here's the catch, I was referred for an MRI quite a while ago to look at my pituitary gland, because I was having period issues. But, my mom is concerned about the cost. I'm pretty convinced I have a brain tumor. I know it's unlikely; I'm still convinced. Should I go back to the doctor and should I really try to push for the MRI? Thanks all.

Re: Weird headache for over 2 weeks, pretty concerned

Seems reasonable to go back to the doctor if treatments aren't working.

BUt, no, don't push for a MRI. Just describe your symptoms and your concerns that treatments so far haven't worked and just what the next step should be. If the doctor thinks it should be a MRI, do it, but don't lead her to that answer.

I have the same, where pressing on certain areas will produce pain.

Check out the sternocleidomastoid muscle. I think this is my issue.

http://thewellnessdigest.com/sternoc...ness-whiplash/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Headaches aren't even a symptom of brain tumors.... I was told this by my psychiatrist when I was going through my brain tumor fear faze. She actually said that anxiety can cause horrendous types of headaches and as long as you don't treat your anxiety, the headaches will always be there. Hope this helped xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMom View Post
    Headaches aren't even a symptom of brain tumors.... I was told this by my psychiatrist when I was going through my brain tumor fear faze. She actually said that anxiety can cause horrendous types of headaches and as long as you don't treat your anxiety, the headaches will always be there. Hope this helped xoxo
    Your psychiatrist had a point and she definitely was right about how anxiety can cause headaches. However, I don't know why she told you they weren't a symptom of brain tumors, maybe to ease your mind. Because they very well can be a symptom to be honest. But, I know where your coming from and thank you.

I was also told that headaches that come and go are not a sign of a brain tumor. If it goes away AT ALL, it's not likely in the least.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thread Information