Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am pissed off !

Am pissed off !

After having a relatively 10 good days of not having a panic attack, although having the headaches tension and tight chest on the whole i have been feeling better able to cope and less fearless of having an attack etc. Last night i had the mother of all nights it was almost like the feelings of having a stomarch bug, i felt shaky again and just knew i would have a bad night my breathing was weasy i felt the shaking and tension i had racing heartbeat etc etc , so took 10mg of diazapam to try and stop me going into a full blown panic attack i couldnt relax felt like i was going to stop breathing laid in bed then was up again to the loo throwing up, coughing and generally feeling ****. Andy was restless cos i was restless and at 3 am he couldnt take anymore and went to sleep on the sofa and subsequently woke up in a mood, i finally managed to get to sleep but think my fear of stopping breathing/ suffocating is rearing its ugly head again......not to mention the fact that i now feel andy doesnt understand and wont see me through this ALL I WANT IS TO BE NORMAL AND RID OF THESE FEELINGS!!!

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

hi sarah jane
    im sorry to hear you have had a bad time. i know there is a bug going around at the moment with flu like symptons you dont think you have that rather than it being anxiety connected do you?
    as for support this one is for you
    HUG
    i hope things improve for you soon
    xx david

Hi Sarah-Jane

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad night, and you are worrying that Andy doesn't understand and won't help you through this. I would think it quite common that someone who has had a disturbed night's sleep might be a bit grumpy in the morning. I am sure he does still want to support you and help you get through this.

I hope you are feeling a little better now.

Take care.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Sarah, what a bad night for you. When we are ill our anxiety always get the better of us and makes us feel 10 times worse.

OH men HUH and their bad moods from lack of sleep !

Try and have a nice relaxed day sarah Take Care Tara xx

Hi sarah, sorry to hear you have dropped back too. I think its true too what Tara said when we have another ailment with anxiety it seems so much worst till in the end we dont know if we have got something or its the anxiety returning. hope ypu feel better soon take crare. Vernon

hi Sarah-Jane,

Don't worry about it too much!! It was probably just a blip. I'm sure that you will feel better soon. Take care hun.

Sarah

Hi Sarah Jane,

So sorry to hear you had such a bad night. I can emphasize with you and know exactly how you feel though. One of my biggest fears is that I will stop breathing to. I have a bad cold at the moment so that heightens it even more! ARGGHHH!

The best advice I can give is to try not to think about it to much. As I know the more i think about my breathing etc... the worse I become. Try to distract yourself as soon as you start thinking about it. I appreciate how difficult it is. I still find it very hard.

Also I use essential oils to help. One's like pine lemon eucalyptus etc... are very good for deep breathing. You could burn them put drops in a bath or a steam inhalation. You don't have to have a cold to do this. Sometimes it feels good just to clear your airways!

I wouldn't worry too much about Andy. Most people get irratable or grumpy after lack of sleep. Also for a non sufferer it's hard to understand what you are going through. He probably just gets frustrated as he doesn't know what to do to help you in the situation?. He might feel out of control?

Anyway I hope you feel better soon. Remember you are not alone!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

Medically speaking - its virtually impossible to ' just stop breathing' with a normal cold/ virus. If you are wheezy and this is not normal for you then so get a doc appt . There are lots of things that can relieve this for you.

If your nose is bunged up - you mouth breathe and this is all regulated by a delicate chemical balance which stimulates you to breathe when you need a new breath of air.

If you're struggling and are up and down several times in teh night its often easier to move rooms yourself rather than upset your partner.You don't need both of you cantankerous in the morning when you might need some sympathy.

It is so hard to understand and sometimes its just not worth trying to explain yourself but print out a few articles , books on it or ask him to log on himself.

The good news is that you must be somewhat better to have a blip in the first place so well done and this will pass soon.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi

It sounds like it could be your anxiety or just a bug that was getting to you. I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I know things always feel especially bad in the middle of the night when your body is at it's lowest ebb anyway.

I think Andy would have been just tired this morning and perhaps didn't know what to say to you. People who don't have anxiety often don't understand how we feel. And can we blame them, would we have know what it was like before we had it.

I get the fear of stopping breathing sometimes but you have to reassure yourself that you've had the fear before and everything was ok.

Meg's idea to get Andy to read some articles is a really good one. It's a tack I took with my other half and it did help. It took a while for him to do it but I think that was just cos he hoped it would all go away. In fact I've had to ask him to look at some stuff again recently whilst things have been bad for me.

Hopefully things will be easier tonight. Try and get an early night after a nice hot bath and some milk or something.

Jules

Thank you everyone for your kind replies, has given me some comfort. Im on my periods at the moment so im probably just over sensetive at the moment too.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information