Thread: Should I go on prozac to help with my health anxiety?

Should I go on prozac to help with my health anxiety?

Over the course of a year I have been suffering with health anxiety but recently it has gotten a lot worse.. in the past week or two ive been suffering from brain fog and mild headaches that come on and off and im worrying myself a lot and I have been perscribed prozac 20mg. Has anyone else suffered from brain fog from anxiety? Can you describe to me what it is like for you?

Should i take it? I dont know what else to do as i live every day determined there is something wrong with me

Re: Should I go on prozac to help with my health anxiety?

IMO, what do you have to lose? Meds help millions deal with anxiety and other mental illnesses. It may give you the mental breathing space to help you tackle your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Should I go on prozac to help with my health anxiety?

Medication does help. Even though I'm a big advocate for not medicating myself, I did have a major life event that I couldn't cope with and I was on Zoloft. I tried it for 20 days and I was in a brain fog, sleeping, not eating. I decided for MYSELF it wasn't for me. I am happy to say that it did help, the crying, obsessive thoughts and self doubt went away. I asked my doctor would it be possible for the medicine to work that quickly. She said that it is possible that it did slow down my thinking long of enough to "reset" the circuits in my brain. Or as Fish calls it "mental breathing space" I now work on mindfulness and focusing on the task at hand. I challenge my "stinking thinking" (intrusive thoughts) with rational thoughts. We are all different and it is up to us to find out works the best. It takes work on my part to monitor my thoughts but I am getting better every day. Sure I have my bad days but they are getting further and further apart. Take care.

Thread Information