Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Als MND panic- please help me!

Re: Als MND panic- please help me!

No need to apologise. No need at all but PLEASE make it your absolute priority to book an appointment with a therapist who has experience with HA? I'd also say don't help others who are also struggling with perceived ALS? You just haven't got the mental resources at the moment and will be suggestible to any additional symptoms they have too xx

The only thing "eating you up" is HA. What happened to panic cancer and your utter conviction that you had that?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie11 View Post
    Sorry to hear you’re struggling with this!

Perhaps your foot has always been like it and you’re only noticing it now because you’re tuned in to symptoms? I’ve had that happen before such as when I was worried about brain tumour I noticed one pupil was a lot bigger than the other. It wasn’t in my mind, dr could see it too, but like he pointed out I’d probably had it for a while or forever. Still have it now, 8 years after that episode.

The twitching can also be caused by many things, when I was in that brain tumour episode the bottom of my left foot twitched all the time. I had nerve conduction tests and everything. After the MRI was clear it went away (well I prob still had it from time to time but didn’t focus on it)

Hope you can do something relaxing today to feel better!
    Thank you so much for sharing that story Aussie - it really helps. And it is amazing what differences you can notice in your body if you try. Last time I worried about ALS it was because of twitching in my hand. I noticed “atrophy” then too....

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No need to apologise. No need at all but PLEASE make it your absolute priority to book an appointment with a therapist who has experience with HA? I'd also say don't help others who are also struggling with perceived ALS? You just haven't got the mental resources at the moment and will be suggestible to any additional symptoms they have too xx

The only thing "eating you up" is HA. What happened to panic cancer and your utter conviction that you had that?
    Well.... I don’t usually mind except when they insist on linking to stories where fasiculations were the only symptoms of ALS!!!()
    Anyway, people go out of their way to help me, so I like to try if I can. It’s so much easier to see faulty thinking in other people!!

A lot of people are just interested in their own symptoms though..They won't listen to your advice and it will just accentuate your own ruminations and absorption in an illness which is scaring the living daylights out of you the more you focus on it and look for "signs"..Christmas is a time of such insecurity and uncertainty-get as much support as you can from your loved ones xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    A lot of people are just interested in their own symptoms though..They won't listen to your advice and it will just accentuate your own ruminations and absorption in an illness which is scaring the living daylights out of you the more you focus on it and look for "signs"..Christmas is a time of such insecurity and uncertainty-get as much support as you can from your loved ones xx
    My poor poor loved ones! I don’t want to be mad for them. They need me.
    I’ll be mad for you lovely people instead
    Thank you though, Pulisa. You think your replies don’t help but they really really do. Sometimes I just need to say what’s in my head because it’s eating me alive, and having someone say something sane helps relieve the pressure.
    Hugs and kisses to you
    Xxxx

So just a little update. Today I feel a little calmer and am noticing my fasiculations less. Thank you so much, everyone, for being there during the crisis.
    I am constantly amazed by the symptoms the brain can generate. You worry about ALS, you get fasiculations and you see atrophy; you worry about pancreatic cancer you get abdominal pains; you worry about a brain tumour and you get blurred vision, dizziness and headaches. The power of the mind - it is indeed an extraordinary thing! If only it was easier to control.....
    Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    So just a little update. Today I feel a little calmer and am noticing my fasiculations less. Thank you so much, everyone, for being there during the crisis.
    I am constantly amazed by the symptoms the brain can generate. You worry about ALS, you get fasiculations and you see atrophy; you worry about pancreatic cancer you get abdominal pains; you worry about a brain tumour and you get blurred vision, dizziness and headaches. The power of the mind - it is indeed an extraordinary thing! If only it was easier to control.....
    Xxx
    But then psychiatrists, psychologists and the Big Pharma drugs companies would be redundant..!
    Am very pleased that you have got some relief..Ankiety Joe's posts are very informative and insightful on this huge topic xx

I’m such an idiot - and so frustrated with myself. It’s this one AGAIN for me. There is no need for anyone to reply really- I’m just logging it so that I can keep a record of my own stupid neuroses. I’ve had a lot going on in the real world recently and I think my mental health has suffered- and my HA is spiking again. Once again I feel I am slurring my words and am shutting myself away to record myself saying certain phrases - like “it’s the tradition”, again and again, which I feel I pronounce badly. In short I’m behaving in quite an unhinged way. It’s so stupid - and yet I believe it. The fear is real.
    xxx

I have read all your posts in this thread . I have been going through exactly the same as you with the als fear for nearly 3 years now . I sympathise greatly .

So..... here I am again..... back with one of my old “favourites”. It should seem absurd, but it’s real and it’s so so scary. Yet again, I am terrified I have als and yet again I feel so desperate and so low and so on the edge of tears all the time.
    Recently I have been waking up with a stiff neck a lot, which sometimes takes much of the day to loosen off and stop hurting. Then a couple of days ago I had a muscle in my left arm, near my elbow, which was twitching repeatedly. That seems to have stopped now, but last night a muscle in my should twitched. So I got worried about ALS, and did the thing I shouldn’t have: I googled! Then I saw something which said early als symptoms- such as stiff necks (!!!!!) - are often dismissed. So then I spiralled...... and started doing all sorts of strength tests and finding that, sure enough, my left arm is a bit weaker than my right.
    im just posting this to get it off my chest really. And also to ask: does it sound like I am adding 2 and 2 and getting 435??
    Xxx

You're spiralling. Drop me a message, okay?

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information