Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head pains, one sided headaches, one sided jaw pain

Head pains, one sided headaches, one sided jaw pain

Hi all. I'm looking for some reassurance here so I don't seek it from my Dr yet again,wasting her time and costing me money if it's not worth it.

I have one sided head pains, one sided temple pain/headaches, sometimes both side headache.
    Recently, I started getting a weird taste in my mouth that seemed to originate from the bottom lower teeth. I went to the dentist, despite having my 6 month check up a month ago. He said my gums and teeth look healthy, and he did find a piece of fingernail or food stuck between those teeth, which he removed a week ago. I still get the taste, but I think it could be my gums still healing from the picking and prodding. He said my gums did look inflamed in the area.

Basically, my left side has all the issues. Jaw pain, tooth weirdness, headaches, head pains, pain behind the eye.

Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Head pains, one sided headaches, one sided jaw pain

My first thought was clenching/grinding. Other than the funny taste issue, it causes everything else you mention.

With your dentist finding something there, and the funny taste issue, it's possible it's an infection. Gum infections, especially if near a nerve, can be painful but they don't feel like toothache from my experience of having them. The jaw may feel tight too but this also happens with clenching/grinding.

Do you find it is worse in the morning? My dentist asked me that when he worked out I was grinding in my sleep.

Definitely try to figure out if you clench. I do and I do it more on one side.

I think I do. My dentist checked me out for TMJ, AND SAID I do not have it, but need to relax my jaw muscles.
    He also has noticed that a filling of mine on the left is wearing away, which he said is a sign of clenching and grinding....
    It's interesting to note that previously, I've had eye issues. My left eye muscles (eyebrow and side of eye) always felt really tight and uncomfortable. After I figured out how to relax it and massage it, the left jaw, left ear, and my teeth started worrying me and feeling tight and painful...connected maybe?

Maybe the weird taste in your mouth is from the filling that is wearing away.
    The headache could be from clenching you teeth. I get them too. Sometimes on both sides, sometimes only on one side.

Thanks neuroticcat. That makes sense.
    Do you get jaw pain on one side, like feels like one spot?

I get headaches that feel like one spot.not really jaw pains. Or pains close to my temple. I did have TMJ before and it felt different. I wasn't really getting any pain, I just couldn't open my mouth.
    I guess if you clench, the muscles are tense and after a while they start hurting.

I was led to believe it was TMJ in my case until I did some reading to understand it can just be Bruxism. My dentist dismissed TMJ.

When you clench, put your finger to your temple. Can you feel the band of muscle tense? That's because clenching also tenses that area, and tensing those bands of muscles are often seen in adverts for headache remedies...so there is the connection.

There are things you can try for this. My dentist gave me an exercise and it did help. If you want some info, I'll post to another thread where I've put this and a link to a free book that has exercises in for this too.

Thank you, MyNameIsTerry! I am interested in the exercises. Please share

Here you go:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166483

The exercise is types up on page 1. The link to the book is later in the thread. I never used the book for this issue, I found it much later, but swgrl (the OP) has said later in othwer threads that this did help here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information