Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hooray for OCD!!

**i just dont like them...and dont like thinkin this stuff.**
    I have a similar problem. I haven't visited this forum for a while, as I didn't want to admit to myself I still having these thoughts. I've tried to ignore them, but they've been getting worse and worse. Like you, I am not remotely violent and I know these thoughts are not "real", but they still scare me to death that they are in my head, I don't know where they came from and desperately want them to go. I have no peace from them. I feel frightened of them, and the sense of anxiety and guilt is crushing. I am cheered by other people here who have broken the vicious circle and hope you and I can break ours, too. I have noticed they are worse after a night of a lot of alcohol, but that's the only thing that gets them out of my head for a while.
    You are not alone. Take care.
    frances

frances-yerrr, then whole alcohol thing is the same with me. I've been completely wrecked all wkend and now im feeling even worse...i thought i was starting to make progress as well. my councellor told me to replace the thoughts about killing ppl/killing myself with the words "f**k off" and repeat that ova and ova in my head as well...it actually works quite a bit so i reccomend it 4u 2.
    gd luck xpx

P
    You are making progress .

Having a rough time post alcohol is totally normal and will pass just like a hang over - its not taking any steps back at all.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

hello p ,i myself have ocd and i can say it comes in many forms.its possible you may have what is called the pure "o"side of ocd,the obbsesive thought side.i have intrusive thoughts too,not bout killing but about bad things happening to either me or people i know,from what ive read and other people ive read about with ocd i know that the plaguing thoughts are never carried out,there just horrid thoughts.

its seemes though that your pretty clued up about the obsession anyhow,youve acknowledged you wouldnt carry the thoughts through ,so thats good.

but still annoying none the less lol,

good luck anyhow , paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information