Thread: Sore throat 3 weeks

Sore throat 3 weeks

Please help. I've had this sore throat for 3 weeks now along with sinus type face and head aches. The doctors don't think much of it and have said that your throat is slightly inflamed and not bacterial in nature.

I've tried everything from nasal irrigation to Advil , reactine but the sore throat and fatigue just won't go away. I feel miserable.

It's may here in Toronto and I've never suffered like this before. I don't have any allergies that I know off.

Is there anyone else with similar symptoms. When will this end ??

Re: Sore throat 3 weeks

Did you know allergies can develop at any age. Did you also know hay fever is evil? I have now had hay fever for a month, and in my calmer times I know exactly what it is. I had a spot on my tongue on Friday, that freaked me out so I scraped it off. Now it still hurts a little bit (surprise) but because it's on the same side as my sore throat you can guess where my brain went. But at this precise moment I am calm, nothing hurts as much and I keep swallowing my post nasal drip, which probably explains the throat. Maybe try an antihistamine? If it works great, if not no harm no foul. Good luck.

Re: Sore throat 3 weeks

You were right? my gp confirmed yesterday that I was suffering from hay fever/ rhinitis. She gave me a nasal spray and said it will take time.

Its not really a sore throat, more of a dry itchy throat which only hurts when I swallow but no pain when I'm eating or drinking. I get pain in my gums and forehead for which I use reactine and vicks for temporary relief.

Its the worst after naps, so dry, drinking loads of liquids helps.

I think this will take some time to go... sucks.

Thread Information