Thread: Period pains and heavy ache mid cycle

Period pains and heavy ache mid cycle

Hi all,
    Haven't posted a question in a long time but could do with a little reassurance.
    It started about 4 months ago when I got bad pelvic pain and was eventually diagnosed with a uti. I was given 4 rounds of antibiotics as pain didn't seem to go, even though the culture then came back clear. I have Ibs that was flaring up at the same time and the antibiotics really didn't help.

Anyway, 4 months on and I've noticed a clear pattern. I know I will now be very sensitised in that area and literally feel every pain but this is unmissable. About 5 days before I ovulate, the pelvic ache (in the middle, not just one sided) comes back, with pressure up my bum. It's almost like a headache really low down. I'm getting bloated; it's always gone when I first wake up but comes on as the day goes on.
    The pain then eases off quite a bit, just niggling a week before my period when I start to feel it again on and off until my period comes. 1-2 days of pains with period and then feel really great with no pain until the mid cycle thing comes back!

First I thought it was Ibs pain but I'm guessing that wouldn't follow such a clear pattern. I had extensive scans in that area 2 years ago (ultrasound , ct scan and MRI with and without contrast dye for an unrelated issue and all was fine then. I'm 30 with 2 kids, youngest being 2 1/2 so all in working order in that area. Anyone get similar pains mid cycle? I have a massive phobia of doctors and tests so just praying it will go away. I'm extremely stressed at the moment, it that can have anything to do with it.

Obviously, my number 1 fear is C...but surely the pain would never go away if I had that?

Thanks for reading!

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Nobody?

Re: Period pains and heavy ache mid cycle

Since it's new-ish, you may want to mention it to your gynecologist when you go in for your yearly check up.

That said, I almost always get cramps mid-cycle. They're less painful now because I'm on birth control but they do still occasionally crop up.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thanks, Poppy We don't have a gynaecologist or a yearly check up here in the U.K. When I originally visited my GP (I actually saw 3), I had vagainal swabs taken and all 3 doctors felt my tummy and couldn't feel anything wrong.

Reassuring to know that you get mid cycle cramps too though, thanks for replying

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes, and they are worse the more I concentrate on them. I realised that this month when I was so distracted with my other anxiety spiral that I barely noticed the period pain. Sure they will be back next month if I obsess though, which hopefully I won't as I am actually attempting to starve the dragon so to speak. Just mention it to the gp, but my periods changed after both of my kids and anxiety made me hyperaware of every sensation.

Thank you, Mello So hard not to worry!

I started getting awful cramps/period pain about 5-6 months ago. It was so bad I had to miss work.
    It could occur early, mid or at the end of my period.
    I went for an ultra sound for an unrelated problem - and they discovered I had an ovarian cyst. Completely harmless and they suspect it will go away on its own.
    I too was scared of the big C, but there are so many other things it could be that aren't life threatening or major

Thanks, Mel
    I hope mine is the same thing, is your pain around the middle, like a heavy feeling?
    That's very brave of you to go for scans. Wish I could get over my phobia! Hoping it just goes away on its own when I'm less stressed. X

Thread Information