Thread: Soft tissue inflammation

Soft tissue inflammation

Hi all
    Last year I had 2 health scares. As you can see from my other post, I just found out that the previous breast surgeon didn't take out the breast lump Because the new ultrasound and mammogram show the same thing (thanks god it's unchange over a 1.5 years)

Now because of that it made me question if I shall revisit my other health scare, a swollen area on and off on my shin they ended up with a surgery from the same Kaiser (health facility). So 6 months ago I had that area that was swollen up and down. Ultrasound and MRI show nonspecific mass which they think it is scar tissue but couldn't confirm. So I went ahead with surgery and he removed part of it and the swollen area. Biopsy turned out inflamed tissue and scar tissue.

6 months have passed and I'm fine. That area is not swollen and no longer causes me any issue. Shall I demand an MRI to check on the area to see if he really remove the mass they found on MRI or just the tissue around it ? I lost my trust after finding out about the breast issue I mentioned above. It's 2 different doctors but at the same health hospital. I'm telling myself that if it's sow
    Thing sinister, it would have grown in 6 months. Since MRI said nonspecific and most likely scar tissue, I shall trust that (even if the surgeon committed the same mistake as the breast surgeon).

Can't believe one thing comes after another. Greatly appreciate your inputs. With health anxiety, I don't seem to trust my instincts anymore

Re: Soft tissue inflammation

Why not just ask to read the records? I have every record, notes etc. from my wife's illness. From doctors to nurses to residents to therapy (physical, cognitive, occupational). It paints a very vivid picture and would be legally binding (should they have "fudged" it).

So.. are you that concerned they lied to you? I don't think so.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Soft tissue inflammation

Hi Fishmanpa
    I actually asked the new insurance to review that when I first switch over to the new health insurance. They reviewed the images and surgery report and told me that they agree with the finding. At that time I didn't know about the breast issue so I agreed. The new doctor told me that if it swollen up again, they will investigate. That was in Jan.

It's just that today with finding out about the breast issue, I'm questioning myself again shall I wait or for peace of mind, request an MRI checkup on the leg area. It's flat and no pain.

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

So.. are you that concerned they lied to you? I don't think so.

Positive thoughts
    I'm more concern that they misdiagnosed me and didn't remove the mass that was seen on MRI so biopsy report was not correct based on the samples (just like my breast lump)

Thread Information