Thread: Moving House

Moving House

In navigating my mental health at the moment, I have managed to add 'moving house' into the equation in order to move my in Laws in so that we can look after them.

Its really screwing with my headspace, so stressful !!!!!

Soooooo, selfishly Im wanting to ask if anybody who has bought and sold and moved houses in recent times has any sure fire gold dust advice for me that will/may help with this ??

Tony

Re: Moving House

Hi Tony, congrats on finally moving in. I can think back to when you were only starting to think about selling up, so getting to this point is a positive. Are you asking for help coping with the actual move, or with the fact that you'll be living with your in-laws lol!

Since 2006 ive moved house 8 times between England and Germany with my husband's job. Apart from the first move when we sold my old house, we've been renting ever since. But the Job has now come to an end and retirement is around the corner, so the next move coming up will be the last...from Germany to Wales to be near my elderly mum. Some years we had to move twice...every 6 months in fact and we packed and unpacked everything ourselves. Packing up is always the worst thing for me...I'm fine with the unpacking bit.

The only thing I can say is just keep focused on the fact that the moving part it will soon be over and you can then enjoy your new home. There can be blips with stuff like not knowing how the boiler works and forgetting the lightbulbs. Just make sure you put the kettle or coffee machine, cold drinks and a few supplies in the car including loo rolls, so you'll be able to have a breather without rummaging through boxes.

Good luck with it.

ISB ☺

Re: Moving House

Thanks.
    We haven't got a move date quite yet BUT the sale/purchase is moving along.

Living with in Laws will also be a challenge as Im used to my own space but its the right thing to do for my Wife as she spends so much time driving over to theirs anyways right now.

Thread Information