Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Win!

Can't Win!

Right, so I have pretty much conquered the Agoraphobia thingy, and I'm happy to go out to certain places now, either by myself or with others.... so all seems good eh?

Well, yes and no. See, I am more than happy with the super freedom I now have, and believe you me, I am trying to make the most of it but........

My bloody mates are crap.

I suppose I am still very new to going out and having a laugh etc, it hasn't happened for a while..... so why is it, when I call anyone, they are always tired, or have a cold (typical blokes really).

Maybe I smell?

I know people can't be out 24/7 due to financial reasons, and the wife of course, but is it my fault they got married? No. (and more to the point, I still had to pay for my booze (and most of theirs) at their Weddings).

So basically, there is no point to this thread whatsoever, except to tell you my mates are crap, and I guess you could offer me some suggestions as to what to do with my time. (anyone suggests a nice walk in the park, I will not be happy).

Rant Over

Re: Can't Win!

hi ross
    so youve got crap mates we all get them from time to time, a walk in the park i dont think so mind you saying that if you aint got a dog get one its amazing how many people stop and talk to you , hows about joining a gym, going to your local pub your bound to see someone there you know, what about art classes or photography classes, ross your such an easy person to get along with you should have no prob's making friends

all the best

denise

Hi Ross

Could it be because you've been off the scene for a while they've sort of moved on? Perhaps it'll take them a while to get used to you being out and about. Maybe you just need to give them a bit of time to get used to the 'new' 'old' Ross.

Glad to hear you're out and about tho' brilliant news!!

kay x

Awww Denise, that was so kind

I do have a dog, but he has a bad heart murmor, and is very old now, so excercise isn;t really an option for him.

Gym???? What's that? *goes to Google*

you want me to do that excercise thingy?

As for the local pub, yeah, I do pop down there from time to time and see who's around. There is invariably 'someone' to have a chat and a pint with, but not somewhere to spend an evening if you know what I mean..... (come to the pub, you will get the idea lol).

Kay, thankies for your reply

I think you are right, a couple have said "it's weird having you back out". I am bit of a case when on the juice.

Ross,

This is all very new for you, isn't it? So give it time, and try to sort out a new life. It will all come together in due course.

Now that you can get out and about, I'd aim to get my exercise levels up bit by bit, which you could combine as part of an interest. This could be swimming or regular walking. The gym doesn't appeal to me either!

I see anyone's departure from anxiety an opportunity to build up a new circle of friends.

Cheers

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Mate

You are top man, next time I am down your way, I will get the beer in.

Milky bars on me

Chin up buddy

Jaco

Quote Originally Posted by clickaway View Post
    Ross,

This is all very new for you, isn't it? So give it time, and try to sort out a new life. It will all come together in due course.

Now that you can get out and about, I'd aim to get my exercise levels up bit by bit, which you could combine as part of an interest. This could be swimming or regular walking. The gym doesn't appeal to me either!

I see anyone's departure from anxiety an opportunity to build up a new circle of friends.

Cheers
    Your not wrong Ray. Just quite frustrating to be able to do these things now and not having anyone to share the experience with. I dont mind being out alone, and sometimes its nice to have a pint by the local river just thinking about things, but other times, I want a good evening, plenty of beer and good mates around me.

I can understand that I'm probably being selfish now, afterall, I did ditch these people (even though it was uncontrolable) so re-integration is going to take time I guess.

Thanks for your reply Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    Mate

You are top man, next time I am down your way, I will get the beer in.

Milky bars on me

Chin up buddy

Jaco
    Jaco, make it soon fella, my mouth resembles Ghandi's FlipFlop!

I'm sure the pint purchasing will be recipriocle. (sp wasn't ever anygood at English)

Ross

You could use the time to get out alone too.

I used to drive for hours to see how I would cope and build self-confidence.

As others have said you have been off the scene a bit so they are not used to you wanting to go out.

My suggestion is go out every day anyway - just get out the house and maybe a drive and a walk somewhere - just do anything to get you out.

Don't slip back into bad routines ok?

You can do it babe.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Ross

You could use the time to get out alone too.

I used to drive for hours to see how I would cope and build self-confidence.

As others have said you have been off the scene a bit so they are not used to you wanting to go out.

My suggestion is go out every day anyway - just get out the house and maybe a drive and a walk somewhere - just do anything to get you out.

Don't slip back into bad routines ok?

You can do it babe.
    Thankies Nic. Just so bored now. It's almost like I just accepted that I was indoors, and that was that. Very Strange.

I will endevour to get out and about as much as possible, and never slip back. Thats the hope, thats the plan, and thats what will happen

TY Hun

Woss....I'd suggest maybe a walk in the park perhaps!!!!!

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information