Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Team Anxiety! Let's set some goals

Re: Go Team Anxiety! Let's set some goals

Good for you, Rick. That sounds like a great goal. Do post a link here when you're done, I'm sure a lot of people would like to see your videos.

I've done some writing today which I'm really proud of, now going to try to sit through a film without fidgeting!

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

I'm also going to try to stay off Facebook for 24 whole hours. I am completely addicted as it provides distraction from the anxiety, but there are other healthier ways to distract myself: so this will be a big thing for me!

Thanks! I've got a website link here if anyone's interested. Still a work in progress but it should give a general idea of what I try to accomplish.

http://dealwaan.weebly.com/

Sounds great that you did some proud writing. We always need some little successes to bring a smile on our face. As for FB, gl with that. Some people cannot leave it and some people like me dislike it enough to not want to use it at all.

Urgh, so my quest to stay off Facebook was a resounding fail. I think that because I like being distracted from the anxiety so much, it's become a bit of a comfort blanket to just quickly check it. But maybe that's OK!

I like your website Rick! Well done. It looks really good - did you design it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by beatroon View Post
    Urgh, so my quest to stay off Facebook was a resounding fail. I think that because I like being distracted from the anxiety so much, it's become a bit of a comfort blanket to just quickly check it. But maybe that's OK!
    Yeah i know what you mean, i don't have facebook but i feel i'm on this website and on the internet in general too much. I keep saying to myself i will only check it twice a day but i keep doing it every hour. Maybe this should be my next goal to stay off this website and do something more productive offline.Also agree with you that's a good website Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by beatroon View Post

I like your website Rick! Well done. It looks really good - did you design it yourself?
    Well, you were a bit overambitious with your quest. Maybe do it in stages and steadily get rid of your need for FB.

Thanks! The site made designing relatively easy and I just picked what sort of worked for the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean, i don't have facebook but i feel i'm on this website and on the internet in general too much. I keep saying to myself i will only check it twice a day but i keep doing it every hour. Maybe this should be my next goal to stay off this website and do something more productive offline.Also agree with you that's a good website Rick.
    I wish you best of luck with your next goal! And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by littleme92 View Post
    I don't know if this counts but my mum drove me up to the poling station and I went in and voted by myself. I didn't have a panic attack and have been going out(with my mum or a care worker) and not had a panic attack while out for a while. Even though I have felt anxious while out.

Sticking with the comments on hairdressers, I also need to get my hair re-dyed as it has faded and my roots are showing quite a lot. (I usually get it done regularly but since I have had this set back with my anxiety, I have not been able to go.) I don't know when this goal is for because I don't think I have the courage to be in the hairdressers for two hours yet.

I think my next goal will be to start driving again, as I have not driven my car since this set back.
    I just wanted to say that I put driving again on hold as not long after I made the quoted post, I had another blip and felt like I was back to square one again. But today I drove my car for the first time in over a month which I am very pleased about. My mum came with me and sat in the passanger seat incase I felt like it was too much so that I could pull over and she could drive. I was ok though and managed to drive to the shops and back.

I had to go the long way to the shops as there had been an accident on the road where I usually drive and the police were directing traffic a different way but surprisingly I was actually ok, the anxiety was still there all the time but I didn't panic.

This is fantastic! Well done you for sticking to your guns and driving despite your fear! Small and sensible steps is what it's all about x

Quote Originally Posted by littleme92 View Post
    I just wanted to say that I put driving again on hold as not long after I made the quoted post, I had another blip and felt like I was back to square one again. But today I drove my car for the first time in over a month which I am very pleased about. My mum came with me and sat in the passanger seat incase I felt like it was too much so that I could pull over and she could drive. I was ok though and managed to drive to the shops and back.

I had to go the long way to the shops as there had been an accident on the road where I usually drive and the police were directing traffic a different way but surprisingly I was actually ok, the anxiety was still there all the time but I didn't panic.
    That's great to hear! Being able to tackle a fear and more or less overcome is a great feeling. Taking these a step at a time and you'll eventually overcome many challenges in your life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information