Thread: Panic attack where you fear dying

Red face Panic attack where you fear dying

I experienced this again today but only mild however when I had a breakdown last year I got into a panic where I noticed signs, safe colours red and blue being safe red unsafe. I also became spirited and worried about spirits and couldn't take to everybody as I worried they gave off negative engery.

I started googling affirmations too and worried my life became a fix. Just wondered if anybody else with anxiety ever suffered these symptoms? A year on I felt a lot of questions remain unanswered and I questioned the meaning of life and it was all very confusing.

In the end I gave up and my life became normal again. I have no idea where it all came from. I know illnesses like bipolar can mean you end up going all religious so maybe that never helped. I had moments where my heart would beat fast and i worried I would die and I rushed for chocolate.

So can anybody make sense off this? It made me also wonder if you were old your mind could just give up so it makes you wonder how much the mind soul is connected with anxiety and the mind?
    Last edited by phil06; 03-06-17 at 22:23.

Re: Panic attack where you fear dying

Anybody felt this way before?

Hi Phil,

Are you the same as Phil6? If so, I pm'd you on your old account because I felt we have similar symptoms.

I can't say I've had exactly the same feeling as you describe in this post. However, I do suffer from feelings of dread and impending doom, like a premonition of my death. It got a lot worse recently when I had miscarriage complications. Right now I'm not coping at all. I'm lucky enough to be staying with my mother who is basically keeping me alive. I constantly wonder whether my life is a joke or a trick or a test, or if I'm cursed or being punished. I've never been a superstitious person before, but my mind is all over the place now.

Hey Phil, I'm kind of at the end of my current exsistential crisis. Whatever you believe in, isn't as important as the idea of caring about something bigger than yourself. I find this helps me to keep living. It has also helped me get over health anxiety. You don't need to be Buddhist to believe this notion. If you let go of ego and all that comes with it. In my case my life revolves around my husband and child. So if I cease to exsist tomorrow, who cares, I won't know I've stopped existing once my synapses stop firing. Yes, to people with anxiety disorders the idea of our existence as biological creatures with finite life is quite frightening, I have found the way to get better is to remove the ego. Having said this if something happened to my loved ones I'm pretty sure I would end my life. So I haven't released the ego entirely l, just projected it onto them. It gets me up in the morning though. Also if you agree with some of the top physicists out there. We are in an AI simulation anyway so there's a chance you
    Might get a re boot one day.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Also, I realised my health anxiety was me just hiding behind my fear of death, time, aging etc. one theory I have for this is the extreme fear of death in a lot of OCD/anxiety sufferers is just our survival gene/brain area/trait or whatever it is left over from caveman days is just more heightened Han in the general population. When people say it's only gifted children who fear exsistence I disagree. I think it's faulty brain functioning. And to "distract" yourself with the pleasures of life, could be looked at not as distraction from death but living. Some people just make the choice to live instead of just exsist.
    It sounds fruity but I do believe it to be true.

I’ve been getting a lot of these panic attacks again mostly at night terrified of existing but terrified of dying. I over think and been very aware of my breathing? Could I be going through another existential crisis? I think they happen every now and again?

I would say it's about living with anxiety and feeling under constant threat. The panic attacks are a result of this.

Thread Information