Thread: So Scared! Low testosterone Low ferritin results

So Scared! Low testosterone Low ferritin results

I've just phoned my gp for my test results and the receptionist told me I have low testosterone low ferritin. I have to wait until tomorrow for a call back off the Dr. I'm so worried has anyone else got Low levels?

Re: So Scared! Low testosterone Low ferritin results

Is your hemoglobin okay?

The rule for low iron is that it always has a cause. Either low intake-which means absorption issues or just a problem in what you eat- or higher than normal output- which means bleeding. If your hemoglobin is okay and you just have low iron, that means it's probably not too serious a bleed if it is a bleed.

But it can be lots of things and obviously no one here can give you actual medical advice. Maybe talk with your doctor and ask if they think a GI referral and/or fecal occult blood testing is necessary, which is a very easy test to do. That's what my Doctor did for me the second the results came back. Stay calm and don't worry! You are in good hands. (I think posts like this might be the reason my Doctor refuses to let his receptionists discuss results over the phone)

I had bood tests in Feb as part of a routine heath check and all my bloods where perfect including iron but my ferritin which is your iron stores where a little low. Mine is cause by all the long distant running i had started. I train 5 times a week which includes 20 to 30km running per week. When i looked it up low ferritin is common with long distant running but like you i worried about bowel cancer but doc told me all other bloods where perfect so nothing to worry about

You can try some good natural testosterone boosters.
    "Testosterone boosters are a class of herbal supplements aimed at naturally increasing your testosterone levels. They can work by directly increasing testosterone or by inhibiting hormones responsible for converting testosterone to estrogen. Either way, in the end, these supplements are meant to help you recover faster and build bigger, stronger muscles."

Or you can try forskolin!
    Forskolin is a supplement used for a variety of purposes in natural medicine, including the support of testosterone production in men for both sexual health and bodybuilding. Read more about forskolin here - https://forskolin.reviews.
    Last edited by felix55; 21-10-17 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by nervousnelly52 View Post
    Is your hemoglobin okay?

The rule for low iron is that it always has a cause. Either low intake-which means absorption issues or just a problem in what you eat- or higher than normal output- which means bleeding. If your hemoglobin is okay and you just have low iron, that means it's probably not too serious a bleed if it is a bleed.

But it can be lots of things and obviously no one here can give you actual medical advice. Maybe talk with your doctor and ask if they think a GI referral and/or fecal occult blood testing is necessary, which is a very easy test to do. That's what my Doctor did for me the second the results came back. Stay calm and don't worry! You are in good hands. (I think posts like this might be the reason my Doctor refuses to let his receptionists discuss results over the phone)
    Yep. I'm going to make it. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCH View Post
    I had bood tests in Feb as part of a routine heath check and all my bloods where perfect including iron but my ferritin which is your iron stores where a little low. Mine is cause by all the long distant running i had started. I train 5 times a week which includes 20 to 30km running per week. When i looked it up low ferritin is common with long distant running but like you i worried about bowel cancer but doc told me all other bloods where perfect so nothing to worry about

Hmm. I just play football once a week.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by felix55 View Post
    You can try some natural testosterone boosters. Some food or supplements.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 06-06-17 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by jefry View Post
    I've just phoned my gp for my test results and the receptionist told me I have low testosterone low ferritin. I have to wait until tomorrow for a call back off the Dr. I'm so worried has anyone else got Low levels?
    What did the doctor say when you spoke to him ?

Quote Originally Posted by felix55 View Post
    You can try some .
    "Testosterone boosters are a class of herbal supplements aimed at naturally increasing your testosterone levels. They can work by directly increasing testosterone or by inhibiting hormones responsible for converting testosterone to estrogen. Either way, in the end, these supplements are meant to help you recover faster and build bigger, stronger muscles."

Or you can try forskolin!
    Forskolin is a supplement used for a variety of purposes in natural medicine, including the support of testosterone production in men for both sexual health and bodybuilding. Read more about forskolin here -
    Thanks for this info

No worries here! It is a completely natural process, so High levels of stress are bad for your long-term health and can reduce your testosterone levels much lower. There are many ways to normalize your testosterone level. When I had the same situation, I did a lot of exercises. All forms of exercise may increase your testosterone levels. Weight lifting and high-intensity interval training are the most effective. If it is not for you, there is a Testosterone replacement therapy, which can artificially normalize your condition. This is the best choice when you possess enough money for this therapy.
    Last edited by Tarkus; 16-07-21 at 12:11.

Thread Information