Thread: Always worried

Always worried

Hey all,
    Ive had panic attacks since I was in elementary school. They used to have triggers, such as Storms, fear of demons, the dark, then they just subsided by themselves. Now they are back with a vengeance. It all started a couple of months ago. I was perfectly fine, I was getting ready to go on my first vacation so I was trying to make some extra money. I was taking a friend somewhere for some extra cash. It was about an hour drive from my house. On the way there I had a massive panic attack. It lasted forever! I calmed down once I got home but I had some pretty bad anxiety afterwards. I almost didnt go on the trip but I did. I had a panic attack on the way and wanted to turn around but couldnt afford to lose all the money.
    Once we got back I couldnt drive without having a panic attack. I was driving for Uber before I left and I cant do it anymore. There is a certain stretch of road that is a huge trigger for me. Its about 20 miles of country road that I just cant get through. Almost every time I have an attack. I was prescribed celexa but Im too afraid to take it. I dont want to deal with the side effects getting on or coming off of them. I am so lost on what to do. Ive been meditating and educating myself. I KNOW that I wont die from these attacks but the constant fear is debilitating. I just dont know what to do.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya tamlovee and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Always worried

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

Re: Always worried

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear your panic attack came back. The thing about these things is that they never really disappear. I was fine for awhile and then my anxiety came back causing me so much pain. I know how it feels to live a "normal" life but have it shatter without warning.

I've never been a fan of medication and believe that there are more natural ways to cure it. I personally talk about my own issues to dig deeper and find my demons. There's no use running from them so I choose to take them head on.

Being lost on what to do is normal. There are no simple answers to these and you must search for them. Having a person to talk to always help to get a second opinion. Professional help can also improve your situation if you wish to seek any.

I'm happy to chat if you want someone to talk to. I wish you the best of luck recovering!

Thread Information