Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cymbalta gross taper

Re: cymbalta gross taper

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

terry are you on 120mg how long was you on 60mgi have a nasty taper to put up with lyrica to Cymbalta both bad for constipation, my bum is on fire when i finally go
    I stayed on the 60mg, Brian. To be honest, it made my anxiety so much worse for a very long time there was no way I would have allowed an increase. But that's just my experience.

I didn't really get much constipation with it. The 30mg was just like when I went straight onto 20mg cit in terms of some of the side effects but the increase to 60mg is where the anxiety ramped up big time for me. Any constipation I had was more likely due to having so much muscular tension I was struggling just to piss!

I thought it would give me bad insomnia, like the Cit did, but I was surprised to see no change to my sleep despite the massive ramp up in my anxiety when awake. Meds are such a minefield!

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Ask your chemist/pharmacist about stool softeners.
    prune juice

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I stayed on the 60mg, Brian. To be honest, it made my anxiety so much worse for a very long time there was no way I would have allowed an increase. But that's just my experience.

I didn't really get much constipation with it. The 30mg was just like when I went straight onto 20mg cit in terms of some of the side effects but the increase to 60mg is where the anxiety ramped up big time for me. Any constipation I had was more likely due to having so much muscular tension I was struggling just to piss!

I thought it would give me bad insomnia, like the Cit did, but I was surprised to see no change to my sleep despite the massive ramp up in my anxiety when awake. Meds are such a minefield!
    So your anxiety has stabilized now terry. That is my main illness but it leads to depression, the muscles in my bum are ramped up thats why the pain. to be honest i have used all the main stream meds , and apparently, i did well on Cymbalta many years ago at 120mg i dont even remember its that long ago. all the ssri only work for 2-3 weeks on me now, that why i am on snri but i didnt want effexor

is 21 days long enough for a cross taper from Pregabalin to Cymbalta started on my hopefully therapeutic dose of Cymbalta 60MG went from 300mg pregabalin was on 450mg but dropped it 3 weeks before. i have now got down to 50mg pregabalin i want off fast constipation on pregabalin is brutal i am drinking pints of prune juice

terry how is your anxiety now , last post you said at 60mg Cymbalta you get ramped up, surely you dont take a med that leaves you with anxiety or has time leveled that out. i am entering my 5th week Cymbalta at 60mg but i had a cross taper added to that only 4 days on Cymbalta solo. I must say i don't feel great blurred vision, nausea and general tiredness ,any info will help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information