Thread: Day one citalopram.

Day one citalopram.

I've hunted nigh and low for advice and nothing I took my first citalopram and within a hour I felt totally stoned and out off it this then caused a panic attack and now I'm laying on the sofa still feeling zoned out did anyone have this in the first one would love to hear everyone sides effects this is being treated for and anxiety thank you

Re: Day one citalopram.

I am not a supporter of medication. I don't want to freak you out. I tried them years ago and they didn't help. When one brand didn't work, the doctor switched me to something else. 10 years later I tried Zoloft a few months ago. I can't remember if I felt zoned out on the first day. I lasted 20 days and was zoned out the entire time. I was a fruit loop. It did help calm my brain down. I believe that do help people through a crisis. Some people swear by them and the saved their lives. I'm happy for people that find life more tolerable with them. As for me? I have learned through therapy (she is awesome) how to challenge my thoughts and question the value of this "stinking thinking" It takes a lot of work and I'm o.k. with that. I still have down days but now they are just moments. I would rather be me and cope with life instead of being a zombie with no emotions. This might sound weird but when I was on Zoloft I could literally feel the drug effecting my brain and I think that is more frightening then dealing with anxiety. PM if you would like.

Thank you so much for your reply to be honest I hate medication as well but last night I was rushed into the emerncey room as was having very bad sucicdal thoughts they Hooked me up to a heart machine and said my heart was fine cause I was convinced I was dying. After talking to a crisis team there they told me to start taking these which I've started today but I just felt so high like I was floating 🙈 Can I pm you would be great to finally talk to someone suffering anxiety can't seem to find anyone to talk to

Hi there
    Cit side effects can be awful. Read the leaflet inside to get advice but remember everyone responds differently. I had two weeks of awful side effects before the tablets settled down.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle123 View Post
    I've hunted nigh and low for advice and nothing I took my first citalopram and within a hour I felt totally stoned and out off it this then caused a panic attack and now I'm laying on the sofa still feeling zoned

...Thank you so much for your reply to be honest I hate medication as well
    I suspect the second sentence explains a lot about what you report in the first, i.e. that your symptoms are more psychological than chemical.

What dose were you started on and are you on any other medication including herbal supplements, etc?

Yup...this sounds standard. But it gets better after 5-10 days and other medications (propranolol/diazepam) provide short term relief.

Thread Information