Thread: Really struggling with anxiety every day at the moment

Really struggling with anxiety every day at the moment

Hi everyone. At the moment I am struggling with severe anxiety that it focused on hair loss. The Dr says my amount of hair that I lose in the shower when I wash it in the morning is normal but I am obsessed that I'm losing too much and always to count the hairs that fall out. I blow dry it every day and feel too much falls out. I'm constantly checking my hair and obsessing over whether it's thinner than other people's. The doctor tells me my hair isn't thinning, my friends and family say the same but I'm fixating on it. It's all I think about all day every day and I'm terrified of going bald. I'm considering starting medication just to try and calm down the obsessing over this.

Re: Really struggling with anxiety every day at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    Hi everyone. At the moment I am struggling with severe anxiety that it focused on hair loss. The Dr says my amount of hair that I lose in the shower when I wash it in the morning is normal but I am obsessed that I'm losing too much and always to count the hairs that fall out. I blow dry it every day and feel too much falls out. I'm constantly checking my hair and obsessing over whether it's thinner than other people's. The doctor tells me my hair isn't thinning, my friends and family say the same but I'm fixating on it. It's all I think about all day every day and I'm terrified of going bald. I'm considering starting medication just to try and calm down the obsessing over this.
    Wven if you are loosing more then usual. Stress can cause hair loss. I hate brushing my hair and taking showers because the truth of how much is following out stresses me out. But I know it's stress. Been happening on and off since I had my first kid.

Re: Really struggling with anxiety every day at the moment

Thanks, I know stress doesn't help and ironically my biggest cause of stress right now is about my hair! Do you still feel like you have a good head of hair? I have three kids, the youngest is two so hormonal issues probably haven't helped my hair either and I have a lot of breakage from colouring and styling. I just can't shake the fear of losing all my hair.

Thread Information