Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Stoke Or Surrounding Areas!

Re: New Stoke Or Surrounding Areas!

Could just be a mistake. It would be a shame to miss out on something that could help.

It feels like you're being pushed back every step of the way but I would write if off as an error rather than anything intentional.

I felt that went I was trying to get into therapy. It took 3 attempts by my GP. This was demoralising as I was crying out for help and it's the last thing you need. I finally got to the assessment and asked about this. They said they only had one referral letter and it was the most recent. They aimed for 30 day timescales in response to them. I spent over a year in two levels of help/therapy and not once did they ever let me down. Their comes were spot on every time. They made the whole experience as easy on the user as possible.

Contrast that to my GP surgery. Prescriptions denied on the basis my asthma had suddenly been cured over 25 years of treatment and yet no GP even saw me to make that judgement. Witnessing a woman on long term Benzo's denied them without a withdrawal plan. Sitting in the chemists across from my surgery and the pharmacist refusing to issue meds due to dangerous side effects of combing them.

My surgery were more likely to be at fault in not sending referrals. They could have even been lost in the post.

You would tell me you understand my annoyance over it but not to let it stop me.

Or you could just send SadMan a PM and ask for more information that way. He's online now in fact.
    Last edited by Catherine S; 17-06-17 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by SadMan View Post
    Hi. There are only few days left, but there is a walk group, called mental health mates and it will be held in Stoke, 18th of June. check this website for more info:
    http://mentalhealthmates.co.uk/walks/
    Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware of this service, only the more general national walks one.

Sitting in the sun having a chat is a great idea. Exercise in sunlight & fresh air is known to be better than indoor forms and encouraging those with mental health issues to get out into nature is what we need. It helps to ground you.

Have you thought of posting a thread about it on the useful threads board? It would be well worth it so others see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Could just be a mistake. It would be a shame to miss out on something that could help.

It feels like you're being pushed back every step of the way but I would write if off as an error rather than anything intentional.

I felt that went I was trying to get into therapy. It took 3 attempts by my GP. This was demoralising as I was crying out for help and it's the last thing you need. I finally got to the assessment and asked about this. They said they only had one referral letter and it was the most recent. They aimed for 30 day timescales in response to them. I spent over a year in two levels of help/therapy and not once did they ever let me down. Their comes were spot on every time. They made the whole experience as easy on the user as possible.

Contrast that to my GP surgery. Prescriptions denied on the basis my asthma had suddenly been cured over 25 years of treatment and yet no GP even saw me to make that judgement. Witnessing a woman on long term Benzo's denied them without a withdrawal plan. Sitting in the chemists across from my surgery and the pharmacist refusing to issue meds due to dangerous side effects of combing them.

My surgery were more likely to be at fault in not sending referrals. They could have even been lost in the post.

You would tell me you understand my annoyance over it but not to let it stop me.
    Hi Terry Yes I can see it has to be a error but it's still a let down and emailed via the contact us link on the website so hopefully that error will cleared up it's just like another nail in the coffin so to speak jus hope I run out of nails than the lid wont be firmly shut ha ha And knew it wasn't intentional but it did seem like it if that makes sense?! And yes I would tell you that Terry Cheers

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Or you could just send SadMan a PM and ask for more information that way. He's online now in fact.
    I could but there would be no point as he probably got the site off google I think I may just turn up and see Cheers

Oh, I thought he posted it because he was part of the group himself.

Well where do I start on this I was in a right bad place, Again I did send a email to the office of the walking group my details was passed on to the walk leader of the group, who called me last night. And was willing to pick me up in their car a few miles out from where I lived to the starting point of the walk already had walked 2 miles to where he picked me up from then did a full hr walking with the rest of the group every one seemed so friendly too had a walk round the university campus and ended up at the famous Sneed hall (that spelt wrong lol ) apparently this hall was built for the owner of the colleries round here including the sneed coal field in SOT he bought a big flask of tea and we all had a good time, going again next month You bet beats being on line all day so any one in a similar situation and is stuck at home check the website out for walks in your area it's definitely a eye opener you have to come out of your comfort zone like I did and once you do you wont look back yay Also took my Nipper, she enjoyed it too! now lieing down tired out lol Cheers

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware of this service, only the more general national walks one.

Sitting in the sun having a chat is a great idea. Exercise in sunlight & fresh air is known to be better than indoor forms and encouraging those with mental health issues to get out into nature is what we need. It helps to ground you.

Have you thought of posting a thread about it on the useful threads board? It would be well worth it so others see it.
    Yes very helpful Prehaps make it a sticky post so it doesn't have to be kept bumping it up within a thread think it would benefit a lot of members on here Cheers

Dave, be proud. That's a great achievement and being able to get out in the fresh air and have a laugh with people who are fellow sufferers too is worth alot. Especially since your nipper can go with you on some of the walks. Well done that man...and his dog

Cath

[QUOTE=Catherine S;1688105]Dave, be proud. That's a great achievement and being able to get out in the fresh air and have a laugh with people who are fellow sufferers too is worth alot. Especially since your nipper can go with you on some of the walks. Well done that man...and his dog

Cath[/QUOTE Iam proud beats sitting in feeling sorry for your self think more members should give it go I recommend it totally Yes Nipper can go any walk too We are going to Barlaston Downs next month and I am promised a lift both ways too off the leader Yay Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 18-06-17 at 18:43.

Fabaroonie. If I was still in Staffordshire i'd be joining in too, i t really does have some of the best landscapes in the country. Enjoy it Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Fabaroonie. If I was still in Staffordshire i'd be joining in too, i t really does have some of the best landscapes in the country. Enjoy it Dave.

Haven't heard that word for a long time LOL but it was yes there is some lovely scenery round here, cant wait till next month one of the members is baking some individual chocolate cakes and Barlaston Downs is really nice country side. 3 new member also turned up too one is a dog owner
    Well when you back to uk perhaps see if there is a local walk group by checking your area I aren't look back now, Moving on Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information