Thread: You guys get nervous about physicals too?

You guys get nervous about physicals too?

Once I hit 40, I got pretty good about getting an annual physical. I missed a couple years, but have had 4 in the last six years, well, as of today will have had 4.

However, today, unlike the other times, I feel a little rattled. Normally, physicals never bothered me. I never suspected anything suspicious, and my bloods/weight/blood pressure etc has always been decent. My cholesterol is a little high, but not high enough to merit drugs, not yet at least. I do have a ton of moles, which drive me a little batty now and then, but otherwise not much to deal with.

I have some issues, but nothing major. But today I have a physical, and I am just nervous as can be. It is odd for me, doctors, physicals, all of that, has never made me nervous before, and no idea why it would now. Maybe it is because I am 46 and not 26, or a new doctor (that part I was actually rather excited about--my previous doctor was not overly competent, in 3 physicals with him, the only blood work ever ordered for me was a cholesterol panel. My other blood panels came before that, so maybe my bloods aren't good? ;-) ).

Maybe it is the unknown, maybe I am worried he will find something my previous doctor missed, I have no idea, but I find it very odd that after all these years, I am rattled now.

Re: You guys get nervous about physicals too?

I think being a little anxious is normal. I'm a woman and I dread having a pap smear even after years of having them. I will admit that the test did find something years ago and since I need get regular check ups that is was caught at an early stage and was taken care of. I wouldn't dwell on it and let your thoughts mushroom into nothing and 46 is not old.

Thread Information