Thread: Anxiety without adrenaline, mostly during soft bowel movement signals,can still drive

Anxiety without adrenaline, mostly during soft bowel movement signals,can still drive

Hey,

Short version:
    -Soft bowel movement feeling/signal makes me anxious? Or changes my mood
    -Holding it in until it 'goes away' eg no urgency, then I calm down and can use the bathroom
    -Going to the bathroom without holding it in, then no longer having the urgency/soft bowel movement feeling, usually this anxiety goes away within 5mins, not always though
    -Normal bowel movements do not have this problem
    -This mood panic can happen without bowel movement feeling, but 80+% of the time happens after soft bowel movement feeling
    -Very hard to describe, its like super tense, something happens in my brain, thoughts get blown out of proportion that would normally be ok or at least manageable
    -I move my wrists clockwise then counterclockwise really fast, perhaps as a distraction
    -Two people who have seen me get into this mood one says I have white under eyes? and look really really tense, another person said my face goes red and I fidget alot and look really really tense.
    -I can still do maths, I can still drive when this mood happens
    -I can't fall asleep, but can still get tired. Once the mood passes, I can fall asleep easily!
    -Does not feel like much adrenaline, not like say if I was in public and two people arced up yelling at each other about to fight, then I feel adrenaline and want to freeze/fight/flight. Feels different to this somehow
    -Sometimes get chills when this happens and fever like symptoms even in summer
    -If I call a friend/family member, hearing back from them can help if I know I can go and see them. Calling a helpline doesn't seem to help but only tried once
    -Doing breathing exercises breaks the mood for duration then it comes back after a few seconds.
    -Imagining telling someone about my mood seems to help calm down in the moment too
    -No pain most of the time.
    -I get hypersensitive to thoughts and senses eg haven't brushed teeth, that makes this mood worse, or if I can smell chicken in the kitchen. But when I'm not in this mood, these things do not bother me. This the reason I think I don't just go straight to the bathroom as soon as this happens, eg its soft premature stool, extra stink and yeah, senses out of proportion and makes mood worse and want to just get out of there, and a sick weak feeling in large intestine
    -Can't eat in this mood. Also become afraid of food because you think it may cause this bowel issue

So is this anxiety or something else? Can you be drifting off to sleep and panic/anxious at the same time? Since no pain, that means no inflammation or can inflammation or 'insert other disease here', actually kill nerve endings or numb them so you would not feel pain anyway? Does stress cause pain?

Re: Anxiety without adrenaline, mostly during soft bowel movement signals,can still d

I see this post is quite old - I wonder if you managed to find out what was causing your symptoms?

Re: Anxiety without adrenaline, mostly during soft bowel movement signals,can still d

They have never been back since 2017 so you won't get a reply I am afraid.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

no problem, thanks for letting me know Nicola

This is an old post but is the same thing that happens to me

Thread Information