Thread: Hello there, :)

Hello there, :)

Hi everyone. I found this forum on my lunch, while walking back to work. I started having panic attacks when I was 19 years old and in college. Now, at 33, I'm still having them. I have struggled with anxiety for almost my whole life, it seems. I've been on medication since I was 19 years old, although recently, it seems to have stopped working. I've never really spoken with too many people about my panic attacks, mainly because I'm embarrassed about them, but after seeing this website, who knows, maybe it will help me in helping others who suffer from the same thing.

Re: Hello there, :)

Hi, good to meet you and hope you find some answers here. I love your username..made me laugh out loud

Anyway, welcome to the forum x

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya MadWomanintheAttik and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Hi, good to meet you and hope you find some answers here. I love your username..made me laugh out loud

Anyway, welcome to the forum x
    Thanks Catherine! My daughter's name is Catherine

My user name.. yes, a lot of thought went into it.. these panic attacks make me feel like a mad woman in an attic, although of course, it's directly related to Bronte's Jane Eyre !

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Hiya MadWomanintheAttik and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way
    Thank you for the nice welcome. I will definitely be looking into everything offered here with anticipation ! *rubs hands together greedily*

Welcome to the forum!

Talking about panic attacks to other people is never easy. Often, we are judged because those people have never experienced it so they couldn't possibly understand it. This forum has been great and you should totally chat with people. It's healthier to vent all your emotions and frustrations so you needn't bottle them inside of yourself.

I hope you are having a great day!

Welcome to the forum. Anxiety can be tough to deal with, but with the right help. you can and will overcome it.

Thread Information