I hope that this is the right place for this sort of thing.

So a couple weeks ago, me and my partner treated our cat for fleas as we'd found one in our bedroom (I assumed that the cat had them as well). Also sprayed some of the rooms in the house, thinking that it was only one flea and that I didn't have to worry too much because there wasn't loads of them. Didn't see another one after this.

Fast forward to a couple days ago, we found more fleas within the house and actually did a flea comb on the cat this time. We found some on her as well. So we went into the pet store and got given more in depth advice on the subject. The advisor told us that as we'd only seen a few on her, it was most likely that the treatment we'd already given her a couple weeks ago was working on killing them after biting her. However, it appeared that we'd missed some key areas within the house when it came to spraying (as well as not getting a strong enough spray). So got recommended a stronger spray (staykill). Spent the entire day yesterday hoovering, washing clothes, binning items and spraying the house/car. It seems to have done something good as it's the following evening now and I have yet to see any fleas.

However, ever since this whole flea thing has come about, my anxiety has been through the roof! I seem to panic and go into a bit of a frenzy whenever I see one. This got so bad yesterday that I broke down in tears and had to leave the house in the middle of hoovering/spraying the place and my partner had to carry on with everything on his own. Now it seems to be even the thought of potentially seeing one is panicking/stressing me out. So much so, when I'm sitting down in the house, I can't seem to focus on anything but looking out for the fleas and thinking that every bit of fluff or dirt is them.

I have no clue as to what it is that's freaking me out so much about the fleas, it wasn't like a full blown infestation. However, I now can't seem to think about anything but panicking over this. Has anyone got any advice on how I can calm myself down or to stop myself from worrying over this so much? Or has anyone else had a similar experience? I've literally made myself sick with worry over this whole thing!