Thread: Extremely frustrated

Extremely frustrated

Hi,

I know I haven't posted in awhile but I've come back because the pa's are coming back again. Granted I have been under a lot of stress lately with my graduate school applications have been due and tonight I just found out that one of them has not been processed properly and that may ruin my chances of admission into school. When I heard this I literally flipped out and had a pa. I took an ativan (I don't like going back to the medication) and called my sister. I won't know for sure if I have no chance until tomorrow but this is going to be a long night. I just hate the symptoms of pa's. I've been getting them a lot more lately and its just so frustrating, the chest pains and rapid heartbeat are annoying and so are the headaches/headpains. I don't know what to do. I've come so far with everything including dealing with pa's but no matter what I do I just find myself running around in circles. Its so frustrating. I dont know what I'm gonna do if I get bad news tomorrow. I might end up in the hospital again.

Hi there,
    I know exactly what you mean, i had been doing a lot better until now when i now think that im just running around in a circle. The thing is you cant give up, its just a blip no matter how bad it feels at the time, things will get better. Im just trying to relax at the moment and try and do anything but think about it. You are stronger than this, youve done it before and you can do it again.

take care
    malc

hi, sorry to here they have come back but i am sure its just a one off. everyone has fall backs when gettin better its a right pain, i get the same and i hate it its like banging your head off a brick wall. Hope u get on ok, just try and calm down and relax more (east said lol) and yes shrink have gave me some ataven too to take with my ssris when i get to bad, are they like vallium? ok take care hope everything goes ok for you. Vernon

hello there,

It's not a surprise that you had a pa upon hearing that news!! I would have done as well. All you can do is tell yourself that it's just the stress that is getting to you and that it's just a blip, it doesn't mean that you haven't made progress. I hope it all works out for you!!

Sarah

Hi there

As everyone else has said, I think it is only natural to be stressed out in a situation like this, anyone would.

I hope you get good news about your application.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi bb,

It is completely a normal reaction to respond with stress body symptoms to your recent lifestyle and stressors. We are very sensitive to any little change to how we feel so respond quickly.

Your body is only reacting as it is built to do so - the actual panic attack is when you severely react with your devastating thoughts to some piece of news and this gets transmitted immediately to your body which responds in the only way it knows how - output of adrenalin etc

I hope the news was good today

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

hi BB,

I hope you're feeling a little better today!!

Hi BB

You are reacting under extreme pressure and stress so it is only natural how you feel, although it is horrible and we all question why us.

It will pass and you will start to feel better how you were before but you are just been given a sharp reminder of how you need to protect yourself and when under stress take extra care of yourself.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thread Information