Thread: Gerd or maybe acid reflux??

Gerd or maybe acid reflux??

I've been having really bad heart burn on and off lately. The ENT did see some redness around the bottom of my esophagus when he looked with a scope. He gave me zantac but then I developed what feels like pressure in the middle of my chest/lower throat. So I stopped taking it after 3 days. I'm going to the GI doc soon but can anyone tell me if they've experienced this? The pressure in my chest and throat has me really freaked out and scared.
    Last edited by ashesx90; 16-06-17 at 08:14. Reason: wanted to edit the title

Re: Gerd or maybe acid reflux??

Can anyone respond? I really was hoping for some help on this website. It looked like a nice community. The pain is always in the middle of my chest and sometimes the bottom of my throat. I'm fine in the morning but it's always worse at night. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Re: Gerd or maybe acid reflux??

Could be one or the other or a combination.

Keep taking the Zantac (it can take up to a 2 weeks or more to really kick in) and also keep a dairy of your eating habits. If you're Ok in the morning and and are having issues later in the day, then perhaps it's a certain food or time of day that's instigating the symptoms (eating late is a prime culprit). Also, you can try taking the Zantac later in the day to see if that helps. You also could discuss an increase in the dose (maybe 2x a day) or talk about a stronger PPI.

Both my wife and I have reflux issues. We take Protonix and follow the FODMAP diet. We rarely have any issues anymore (expect when we eat something we know we shouldn't and pay the consequesnces).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information