Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5th week on prozac-anxiety increasing - switch or push through?

Re: 5th week on prozac-anxiety increasing - switch or push through?

Hi SpiceRice,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this high anxiety at the moment. Has your Doctor mentioned that these might be withdrawl effects from the other medication? Please talk to him/her about the state you are in. S/he will be able to put you on a different SSRI or give you something to relieve the withdrawl effects (if that's what you are experiencing)

My Doctor gave me Klonopin for the worst of the anxiety - it kicks in in about 20-30 min and lasts 6-8 hours. It really knocks me off my feet but relieves the anxiety. This might also help to get you some sleep. I only take it very rarely.

It's 6 weeks for me today and I woke up almost anxiety free! I feel like someone is moving around my brain though, so I assume it's the meds kicking in. Let's see how the day goes. Nonetheless I have asked my GP for a referral to a Psychiatric Doc for some reassurance and peace of mind.

Just take hour by hour and day by day. My therapist keeps having me repeat: "It's okay" to myself. (I had it even written on my arm). We tend to stress ourselves about the recovery and make the anxiety worse. So: it's okay if you couldn't manage a walk with your friends. I've been there. Maybe you can just sit on a bench in front/back of your house or balcony. Or maybe just move from bed to couch. On some days that's all we can do - and that's okay!

There are loads of good apps, too - one of my favorite is Pacifica. It costs $3/4 but it's really worth it. It's therapy at home plus relaxation and mediation excercises. I highly recommend the Progressive Muscle Relaxation.

Hang in there, Spice, and let us know how you are doing!

It is recommended that medication works well with therapy. I'm sorry to hear that you are bed bound Spice. I can't imagine being that anxious. Have any of you tried CBT therapy? It has worked wonders for me and has helped me overcome my anxiety.

I second Snowghost with the CBT therapy - the Pacifica app is exactly that and can be used until you get a therapy appointment. That's what I did anyway. There are also online programs.
    Be good to yourself, Spice!

Just wanted to post an update - the last few days have been much better!

The mornings are still the worst but even they seem to get better. I start to suspect that my very low blood pressure is increasing the anxiety in the morning (low blood pressure - fast pulse).

I finally got an appointment with a Psychiatrist in 2 weeks - I'm curious how that will go and how I will feel by then.

Best to all of you - Spice and Punky Fish - I hope you are both doing better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information