Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Benign fasciculation syndrome

Re: Benign fasciculation syndrome

Hi all, not sure if anyone from this thread is still active on the forum but did anyone have any remedies for the twitches ? I have been twitching for one year now and still so worried

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    Hi all, not sure if anyone from this thread is still active on the forum but did anyone have any remedies for the twitches ? I have been twitching for one year now and still so worried

Same here. Not much relief but certain exercises for posture have helped me along with relaxation techniques. Still twitching though.

Bumping this thread in hopes of someone reporting a new remedy!

I've been twitching for 7 years now, every day, sometimes hundreds of times a day. It's been miserable. I also suffer from some peripheral neuropathy.

Ive had EMGs, blood tests and multiple different doctors try to figure it out.

I'm concerned it may be Morvan's syndrome or other autoimmune disorder.

My anxiety has been so bad for years. I just want it to end. My doctor's all think I'm nuts and suffer from HA. I hope they're right but my mind doesn't agree.

This whole "pandemic" issue isn't helping either.

I'll keep you updated if things change.

Quote Originally Posted by adeline14 View Post
    I've been twitching for 7 years now, every day, sometimes hundreds of times a day. It's been miserable. I also suffer from some peripheral neuropathy.

Ive had EMGs, blood tests and multiple different doctors try to figure it out.

I'm concerned it may be Morvan's syndrome or other autoimmune disorder.

My anxiety has been so bad for years. I just want it to end. My doctor's all think I'm nuts and suffer from HA. I hope they're right but my mind doesn't agree.

This whole "pandemic" issue isn't helping either.

I'll keep you updated if things change.
    What type of neuropathy symptoms do you have? I have some pain/burning in my feet and sometimes my hands. This started almost a year ago. I've been twitching though for almost 4 years.

Hello, Twitchers,

I have an important message for you. I hope this message will help some of you.

I started experiencing fasciculations a couple of weeks ago. This week, they went crazy. I started to worry, and the hypochondriac me, as usual, went playing doctors on Google, and ended in the ALS rabbit hole.

I booked an appointment with the neuro right away, and the good news is that the EMG was good. Relieved.

However, I want to share my experience and 2 cents, hoping it will help someone.

A few years back, I started having panic attacks related to my health anxiety. This anxiety seems to be hereditary. My mother and her sister got the issue.

Long story short, since it's started, It's been a roller coaster. A few years in, and I got heart palpitations (ectopic heart beats). Funny enough, just like these twitches, my heart condition is also "labeled begnin".

Do you see where I want to get now?

Yes, I am hypothesising that both these conditions were caused by health anxiety.

Think about it... Both conditions are known to be harmless, and doctors still don't understand their source/cause. Why is that? Well, I believe because their cause is the mind, which is outside of medicine's scope. Doctors can't understand the mind.

If you think I am crazy or full of sh*t, let me provide further evidence that will open your eyes. Have you heard of Ibn Sina's fear experiment? Here is a short summary generated by AI ( I will get back to you after the experiment).

Ibn Sina's fear experiment involved the following elements:

1. Two identical lambs: Ibn Sina placed two lambs in separate cages. The lambs were of the same age, weight, and were fed the same food[4].

2. A wolf: Ibn Sina introduced a wolf into one of the side cages. The wolf could only be seen by one of the lambs, while the other lamb could not see it[2].

The purpose of the experiment was to observe the effects of fear and stress on the lamb that could see the wolf. The results of the experiment showed that the lamb that could see the wolf experienced negative consequences, including crankiness, restlessness, poor development, weight loss, and ultimately premature death. On the other hand, the lamb that could not see the wolf remained peaceful, developed well, and maintained a healthy weight[4].

This experiment highlights the impact of fear and stress on an individual's well-being, even if the perceived threat does not directly harm them. It serves as a reminder of the psychological and physiological effects that fear can have on living beings.

Please note that the experiment is also known as the "AVICENNA fear experiment" or "Ibn Sina's lamb experiment"[1][4].

Citations:
    [1] https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dyv86Kq4vWI
    [2] http://kn-ow.com/article/ibn-sinas-fear-experiment-211/
    [3] https://islamicbridge.com/2021/10/ib...cal-textbooks/
    [4] https://www.islamcan.com/islamic-sto...periment.shtml
    [5] https://youtube.com/watch?v=szww72Stif4
    [6] https://www.careersingovernment.com/...ncrete-jungle/

Alright, do you get the point now? Yea, man, the mind is able to bend reality and the physical. It is capable of way more than Twitches and health palpitations.

Now I am not saying that you should ignore your symptoms. Whenever you feel like something is wrong with your body, you should always check with a doctor. HOWEVER, if you know that you are overly anxious about your health, you must get you sh*t right.

We can't live the fearful sheep life. We only live once.

I have my decision, and I will not live it like that. I am going to face my fears and do what it takes to change my mind. My brain has been wired for years with fear thoughts, and now I have to change that. I don' t know yet exactly how I am going to do that, but I know that are many ways to rewire our brains such affirmations. I will do whatever it takes.

I have been through every single message in this thread, and I noticed that most people here suffer from health anxiety. And I genuinely believe health anxiety is the cause of these benign conditions such as heart palpitation and fasciculations. It makes a lot of sense to me, especially when considering the above experiment.

Once again, for sure, not all symptoms\diseases should be ignored and blamed on health anxiety. You should always consult your doctor if you feel that something wrong. BUT, if you know if you have the fearful sheep traits/qualities, then you better get that fixed, and enjoy your life.

Good luck to everyone here, I wish you all a wonderful life. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Hello, Twitchers,

I have an important message for you. I hope this message will help some of you.

I started experiencing fasciculations a couple of weeks ago. This week, they went crazy. I started to worry, and the hypochondriac me, as usual, went playing doctors on Google, and ended in the ALS rabbit hole.

I booked an appointment with the neuro right away, and the good news is that the EMG was good. Relieved.

However, I want to share my experience and 2 cents, hoping it will help someone.

A few years back, I started having panic attacks related to my health anxiety. This anxiety seems to be hereditary. My mother and her sister got the issue.

Long story short, since it's started, It's been a roller coaster. A few years in, and I got heart palpitations (ectopic heart beats). Funny enough, just like these twitches, my heart condition is also "labeled begnin".

Do you see where I want to get now?

Yes, I am hypothesising that both these conditions were caused by health anxiety.

Think about it... Both conditions are known to be harmless, and doctors still don't understand their source/cause. Why is that? Well, I believe because their cause is the mind, which is outside of medicine's scope. Doctors can't understand the mind.

If you think I am crazy or full of sh*t, let me provide further evidence that will open your eyes. Have you heard of Ibn Sina's fear experiment? Here is a short summary generated by AI ( I will get back to you after the experiment).

Ibn Sina's fear experiment involved the following elements:

1. Two identical lambs: Ibn Sina placed two lambs in separate cages. The lambs were of the same age, weight, and were fed the same food[4].

2. A wolf: Ibn Sina introduced a wolf into one of the side cages. The wolf could only be seen by one of the lambs, while the other lamb could not see it[2].

The purpose of the experiment was to observe the effects of fear and stress on the lamb that could see the wolf. The results of the experiment showed that the lamb that could see the wolf experienced negative consequences, including crankiness, restlessness, poor development, weight loss, and ultimately premature death. On the other hand, the lamb that could not see the wolf remained peaceful, developed well, and maintained a healthy weight[4].

This experiment highlights the impact of fear and stress on an individual's well-being, even if the perceived threat does not directly harm them. It serves as a reminder of the psychological and physiological effects that fear can have on living beings.

Please note that the experiment is also known as the "AVICENNA fear experiment" or "Ibn Sina's lamb experiment"[1][4].

Citations:
    [1] https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dyv86Kq4vWI
    [2] http://kn-ow.com/article/ibn-sinas-fear-experiment-211/
    [3] https://islamicbridge.com/2021/10/ib...cal-textbooks/
    [4] https://www.islamcan.com/islamic-sto...periment.shtml
    [5] https://youtube.com/watch?v=szww72Stif4
    [6] https://www.careersingovernment.com/...ncrete-jungle/

Alright, do you get the point now? Yea, man, the mind is able to bend reality and the physical. It is capable of way more than Twitches and health palpitations.

Now I am not saying that you should ignore your symptoms. Whenever you feel like something is wrong with your body, you should always check with a doctor. HOWEVER, if you know that you are overly anxious about your health, you must get you sh*t right.

We can't live the fearful sheep life. We only live once.

I have my decision, and I will not live it like that. I am going to face my fears and do what it takes to change my mind. My brain has been wired for years with fear thoughts, and now I have to change that. I don' t know yet exactly how I am going to do that, but I know that are many ways to rewire our brains such affirmations. I will do whatever it takes.

I have been through every single message in this thread, and I noticed that most people here suffer from health anxiety. And I genuinely believe health anxiety is the cause of these benign conditions such as heart palpitation and fasciculations. It makes a lot of sense to me, especially when considering the above experiment.

Once again, for sure, not all symptoms\diseases should be ignored and blamed on health anxiety. You should always consult your doctor if you feel that something wrong. BUT, if you know if you have the fearful sheep traits/qualities, then you better get that fixed, and enjoy your life.

Good luck to everyone here, I wish you all a wonderful life. Peace!
    Thank you for this post! I needed to read this today. Just started CBT after 12 years of health anxiety and finding the process confronting and hard. I’m going to keep working at it, I want to be a happy lamb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information